Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pro_zealot

Glowing enemy near death??

So what is yours opinion on this subject.

Personally I can not imagine playing with a glowing monsters every moment is too much spoils the atmosphere. It is simply unnatural and rejects from the game.

Probably would be the best choice to have it be a toggleable setting in the game options.

Highlight Stunned Enemies - ON/OFF

I would expect there to be an option to turn it off, considering there are other visual cues that an enemy is stunned. Either that or it's disabled on higher difficulties. Batman: Arkham Asylum gives the player a cue to counter a thug's attack but it's not there on the highest difficulty IIRC.

Damn, Doom 3 was better looking: the monsters were actively burning to crisps. These ones just glow.

I don't like the way it looks. I'd prefer it if you would use their posture/animations/sounds as a gauge of whether they're near death. It looks rather tacky and out of place, similar to the holo-health and holo-ammo drops from monsters.

i thought they only glowed when you could perform fatalities on them no?

the new doom is obviously inspired by Hdoom, the glow system that indicates when you can do fatalities to the monsters is an obvious reference to the hearts that indicate when you can do fuckalities to the monster girls

I tend to turn glowing shit off in games that allow it, hopefully they give you options with Doom 4.

As long as it is optional it becomes a non-issue.

I don't like it either. I would prefer a staggered animation to indicate the monster's vulnerability to being glory killed.

The whole thing is gonna be dumb anyways might as well throw other stupid shit in too.