Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
royaldj

No one spotted this Baron

Hello fellow DOOM fans! I've been reading the forums for a while now and no one has seemed to have noticed a very obvious Baron of Hell at the beginning of the Hell segment. I signed up just to show you guys. You can briefly see him walking by.

That's interesting. I wonder why they didn't just show the baron as part of the gameplay reveal though. Maybe they're trying to build up suspense, but they already showed the Cyberdemon, so what's the point

Yeah, I mean, why show EVERYTHING? We haven't even seen a lost soul and they're obviously going to be in the game (id would be crazy not to include them).

HorrorMovieGuy said:

That's interesting. I wonder why they didn't just show the baron as part of the gameplay reveal though. Maybe they're trying to build up suspense, but they already showed the Cyberdemon, so what's the point

They showed a Spectre but looked away as it died, and in other cases (like the Gameplay Trailer video), you can vaguely see a Baron in the background as well as a good ol' Pinky in the background among the hordes of monsters.

Though there is already a thread on the Baron... holy shit! Nice find! This is like a Where's Waldo. XD. That baron is so incredibly obvious once pointed out, and you get a great idea of how it walks with that video. Nice.

I actually did notice it. It's just so barely noticeable that I wasn't 100% sure if it was actually a Baron. Looks pink though and big so yeah it's a Baron. I really love all the little hidden things through out the E3 presentation.

GoatLord said:

Yeah, I mean, why show EVERYTHING? We haven't even seen a lost soul and they're obviously going to be in the game (id would be crazy not to include them).

There would be rejoicing from some if there were no lost souls. Not everybody's favorite enemy. =P Why a little flying skull takes two super shotgun blasts, I have no idea.

I remember seeing it when i watched it a second time, i also remember them killing a specter, but you could barely see the dead body it was very brief, when it died the camouflage faded away, it was hella cool.

RikohZX said:

They showed a Spectre but looked away as it died, and in other cases (like the Gameplay Trailer video), you can vaguely see a Baron in the background as well as a good ol' Pinky in the background among the hordes of monsters.

I slowed down the e3 trailer and got a snapshot of the demon. Kinda blurry, but it's nice to see that it's returning to the pinky demon. Wasn't much of a fan of the Doom 3 version of him tbh. Very high hopes for the new one and so far I'm pleasantly surprised with what they've revealed

I already saw that baron of hell/hellknight(who knows).
I never noticed the pinky demon until I saw a gif of the picture here on another thread
It looks so terrifying on how it runs and its look(demonic leering smile?).
Still, Doom 4 is looking very good to compete with other FPS.

When I was watching It for the first time, I saw It walking just like how you showed It. Pretty nice find.

EDIT: Here's how I'd want It to look.

Expect maybe have the head more goat-like.

Voros said:

Any see the the Spectre? Looked like Godzilla...from the back!
Glad its back!

Of course I saw It, I would flip a table If they didn't Include those fuckin' gorilla pigs.

Piper Maru said:

I think the entire Doom cast of baddies is going to show up, plus a few new faces.

...Return of the true Arch Vile, who is anorexic, summons fire on us, ressurects demons from gibs, and becomes a pain in the ass... also the Pain Elemental..

Piper Maru said:

I think the entire Doom cast of baddies is going to show up, plus a few new faces.

One DOOM 3 monster I loved was the Bruiser, It was a pretty cool beefed up Mancubus. Maybe It'll return as an monster variant for the Mancubi?

Tritnew said:

Of course I saw It, I would flip a table If they didn't Include those fuckin' gorilla pigs.

They don't look a lot like gorillas...
Also, only one appeared in the hell level, which is a pretty far level. Could that mean Spectres are hard to kill, or what we saw was a guy playing in easy?

Wait...
the cyberdemon apppears in. That level...you dont think that that hell level was the boss level, is it?

Voros said:

They don't look a lot like gorillas...
Also, only one appeared in the hell level, which is a pretty far level. Could that mean Spectres are hard to kill, or what we saw was a guy playing in easy?

Wait...
the cyberdemon apppears in. That level...you dont think that that hell level was the boss level, is it?

Well, I mean. I said they were gorilla PIGS, so ya know. Anyways, I believe the Cyberdemon will appear as an mini-boss of sorts In each level, and since one screenshot from Quake Con takes place In an dark catacomb with the Cyberdemon In the distance while demons attack, I guess I assume that the ground collapses and they fall In the catacombs, with the Cyberdemon making a perfect landing and he calls In demons. But that's probably just a dream.

Tritnew said:

One DOOM 3 monster I loved was the Bruiser, It was a pretty cool beefed up Mancubus. Maybe It'll return as an monster variant for the Mancubi?

Yes, the Brusier is one creature I hope returns in the latest installment of Doom. Complete with it's original intended introduction which was scrapped in Doom 3 where it was posing as a computer terminal the player must interact with only to find out it's a demon.

Piper Maru said:

Yes, the Brusier is one creature I hope returns in the latest installment of Doom. Complete with it's original intended introduction which was scrapped in Doom 3 where it was posing as a computer terminal the player must interact with only to find out it's a demon.

That would be an cool Introduction In the new DOOM, but remember that one thread where someone spotted an Mancubus like creature on Snapmap? It looked pretty pudgy and such. It could be the Bruiser.

Tritnew said:

That would be an cool Introduction In the new DOOM, but remember that one thread where someone spotted an Mancubus like creature on Snapmap? It looked pretty pudgy and such. It could be the Bruiser.

I think it's the Mancubus, seems shaped like it anyway.