Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxoon R

Ao Oni Has a Movie?

http://aooni-movie.com/
And an upcoming sequel... why haven't I heard anything about this? Ao Oni, for those unaware, is one of those B-list RPG Maker indie horror games that Markiplier and Pewdiepie were screaming over a couple of years ago and the fact that it now has a live-action movie adaption baffles me. This thing is on blu-ray, had a limited run in theaters, and was broadcasted on tv for christ's sake.

And now I really wonder, is this the first time an indie game has become a movie? I've never heard of such a thing in the past so to see it now really gets me thinking: Why did no one so much as mention this? Did no one know or did no one care? I'm surprised I've not heard even a passing mention from folks being like "oh yeah, victory for the indie scene dude" or anything of the sorts. It's really weird.

Of course, it probably has everything to do with being a foreign film with no official international release so...

Well that wasn't a very subtle trailer was it? I'm definitely gonna give this one a pass just because the trailer makes it look like it's going to be all show and no spooks.