Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lycaon

Playing sounds during camera view

So, the "activatorsound" script command doesn't seem to work when i have called a "changecamera". I want the sound to play while the camera is moving, but I asume "activatorsound" can only be listened when the camera is at the player. but i can't find any command on the zdoom wikia that fits my need. How do I do this?

The sound actually plays, but from the player's (activator's) physical body. ChangeCamera not only changes your view, it also changes the place where your "ears" are. So, if the camera is far enough from the player's body, then the sound source will be simply too far to be heard.

Solution: Use sound action that always plays at full volume regardless on distance, for example AmbientSound or LocalAmbientSound. Or play the sound from the camera rather than from the activator's body.

scifista42 said:

The sound actually plays, but from the player's (activator's) physical body. ChangeCamera not only changes your view, it also changes the place where your "ears" are. So, if the camera is far enough from the player's body, then the sound source will be simply too far to be heard.

Solution: Use sound action that always plays at full volume regardless on distance, for example AmbientSound or LocalAmbientSound. Or play the sound from the camera rather than from the activator's body.

I tried to play the sound from the camera but I can't figure out how. the sound i'm trying to reproduce is the chat sound, nothing more, but would it be heard well putting it as an ambient sound? I have the impression it would sound like something in the map rather than something from the game itself

Look how I did it in my DMP2012 map (MAP38: The Space Base), there is a camera monitor that, upon pressing use on it, makes chat sound + lets you view different places around the map via ChangeCamera.

Also, the AmbientSound I was talking about is a name of a specific ACS function, which is a different affair than thing-based world ambient sounds.

scifista42 said:

Look how I did it in my DMP2012 map (MAP38: The Space Base), there is a camera monitor that, upon pressing use on it, makes chat sound + lets you view different places around the map via ChangeCamera.

Also, the AmbientSound I was talking about is a name of a specific ACS function, which is a different affair than thing-based world ambient sounds.

Oh great. I'll look into that