Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bad Luck Ranger

JDoom... require help.

I've recently downloaded JDoom and it's affliate utilities but whenever I try KickStart an error message occurs. Something about a failed 'CommonDialog' from COMDLG32.OCX. I've tried everything could someone possibly offer help.
I've followed the installation instructions perfectly.

Had the same problem - think it has to do with how I installed it. I reinstalled it in a new directory all by itself and it started working. [That was for latest version 1.13.2 I think.]

You can also modify the sample example.bat in the DOC folder (not the other bat file), put it in the c:\DOOMSDAY folder (or wherever you have installed it).

One example contents of a bat file called PlayJDOOM and stored in the ROOT directory of c:\DOOMSDAY:

Bin\Doomsday -game jDoom.dll -iwad d:\doom2\doom2.wad %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

to run it type:

PlayJDOOM -file yourmap -warp 1

Modify to your taste (3dfx needs some other stuff too).

Another way of running Jdoom - and much more user friendly to boot - is to download Jaakko Keranen's doomsday utilities from his site. The dlaunch.exe launcher is very easy to use, and allows you to modify everything from a menu system before launching the game.