Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaxxoon R

idgames reviews disappearing? Wad not in newstuff review center?

I've noticed a common occurrence where perfectly valid and normal reviews will just cease to exist for no discernible reason. One specific wad of mine had a number of neutral-to-positive reviews not even a couple of weeks ago and now only the 0/1 star reviews remain. Weirdly enough, this specific wad is also not anywhere in the /newstuff review center, or in any previous /newstuff chronicles.

To be honest, if this is an intentional action I'd be fine with it if there was even a proper explanation for why this is being done, because otherwise I feel this is a very poor and uncalled for action that does nothing of good.

Huh, wasn't WOOO 2 reviewed in newstuff though? Either way, I'm just satisfied I got a clear answer on this.

It's just a shame the same thing happened to my dark ambient pack as well, which if you read the thread for it is objectively not terrible.

I stand by my opinion that this is a bad thing to do, as it forsakes many real reviews and leaves only the 'this suxks 0/10' ones instead. It'd be like if Metacritic removed reviews simply because sometimes whatever.

Jaxxoon R said:

I stand by my opinion that this is a bad thing to do, as it forsakes many real reviews and leaves only the 'this suxks 0/10' ones instead. It'd be like if Metacritic removed reviews simply because sometimes whatever.

I guess you don't understand that it was the same person spamming high ratings?

Really? That's a shit thing for someone to do. I guess that means a mechanism that detects if someone is posting multiple reviews on a single item and only lets them review once is not viable at this time? I dunno man, just this whole thing is kind of a major bummer, shame it has to be this way but I guess it's necessary though.

I find it kind of weird as some "clearly not spam" reviews, both positive and negative, have been removed from some of my WADs as well. I agree with removing pointless spam, because it does nothing but bloat the rating with useless garbage, but I find it odd that several (seemingly) authentic reviews were removed as well.

Sounds like the review-review process could be flawed.