Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

I would like to watch it and even improve it if PRBoom.exe doesn't crashed when i try to launch it.
"R_InitTextures: 91 error"
This happening on PRCP.wad as well.
What funny that even on Zdoom this wad is crashing... Or not... Just impossible to play as all walls are black.

Azuruish said:

I would like to watch it and even improve it if PRBoom.exe doesn't crashed when i try to launch it.
"R_InitTextures: 91 error"
This happening on PRCP.wad as well.
What funny that even on Zdoom this wad is crashing... Or not... Just impossible to play as all walls are black.

Load it with plutonia.wad as the iwad.

dew said:

...the rule about keeping anything tool-assisted out of the regular threads still apllies even to SEGs.

Oh sorry, I guess I should read the FAQ again, I didn't consider to post all TAS demos here.

Azuruish, good luck!

Hello again!

Here's a pack of demos for Plutonia 2, they are all segmented.

Map 07 Pacifist time 06:45
Map 11 Pacifist time 01:06
Map 13 NM Speed time 00:57
Map 18 NM Speed time 00:22
Map 21 Pacifist time 02:20
Map 23 NM Speed time 01:12
Map 26 NM100 time 05:55
Map 31 NM100 time 04:50
Map 33 NM Speed time 00:56

As I said in some txts, I wanted to do some of these maps in no-tas first, but it would take months, and right now I can play doom only on weekends, so why not filling those gaps in pl2 table and also have A LOT of fun? :)

Enjoy them!

p2_tas_pack.zip

Cool, map07 pacifist is still on my list of dream projects. That fateful switch shot is an awful risk after 5 minutes of bee dancing in the arena.

As an aside, could you avoid using spaces when naming attachments? Everything after the first space character gets ignored, so downloading your archive created a file named "p2" with no extension. I reuploaded it for you with underscores in place of spaces.

dew said:

Everything after the first space character gets ignored

Never knew it before but i expected this.

dew said:

Cool, map07 pacifist is still on my list of dream projects. That fateful switch shot is an awful risk after 5 minutes of bee dancing in the arena.

As an aside, could you avoid using spaces when naming attachments? Everything after the first space character gets ignored, so downloading your archive created a file named "p2" with no extension. I reuploaded it for you with underscores in place of spaces.

Sure thing, sadly there's still a lot I have to learn about the forum.

About map07, I think the switch is the only way, killing all spiders in pacifist, it sounds way too crazy!

Maaaaayyyybe... Or maybe not. TAS demos from speedmasters are so rare. Heard about 2002ado.wad TAS movie by ClumsyDoomer but heard it 3-4 months ago.
TAS movie on Zone 3000 was delayed or refused... I have no idea.
Just interesting someone is working now on something?

Hi, here's a pack of segmented demos for avj.wad (map32 uses avj32fix.wad)!

Map 03 NM Speed time 00:18
Map 04 NM Speed time 00:16
Map 20 NM Speed time 00:31
Map 25 NM Speed time 00:32
Map 32 Pacifist time 18:30

avjdemopack.zip

Red-XIII deserves a medal!!! Watch his map32 pacifist run!! parts of it are simply breathtaking... the most awesome moment is at 410 seconds (watch it with prboom-plus -file AVJ.wad avj32fix.wad -playdemo aj32p1830tas -skipsec 410 ). if you do not have avj32fix.wad, here it is: doomedsda.us/lmps/1480/avj.zip
If you watch that moment, keep in mind red made this in segments, so he actually played these crazy jumps.

edit: here on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFh5_a1rZs4

Nice and precise running, 38_ViTa_38! Clever shots to the back, too!

Huh, the players can hug each other to thing run continuously? Are there perhaps more tricks made possible with 4 players, like going through walls? Shouldn't it be possible to run super fast with all four players together? Like swans in a formation? Any chance you might do a full game 4-player TAS of some WAD someday?

Aqfaq said:

Are there perhaps more tricks made possible with 4 players, like going through walls?

Shouldn't it be possible to run super fast with all four players together?

Any chance you might do a full game 4-player TAS of some WAD someday?

If you did not mean void glide (like in Doom E2M6 and in Doom II MAP31), it is seems impossible even with -turbo 255.

It's possible, but I'm not sure this is useful because maximum player speed is 60.000000 map units per tic.

Maybe, but it might take too much time.

Was waiting quite some time for Chex Quest Map 01 in 0. I talked about it with 4shockblast and Kraflab quite some time back.

I've had a TAS in, I think, .94 lying around for a while, I'd just rather try and get it non-TAS (my best is 0:01.00 I believe). :P

4shockblast said:

I've had a TAS in, I think, .94 lying around for a while, I'd just rather try and get it non-TAS (my best is 1.00.00 I believe). :P

I thought you did get it real time, but you did it in a few minutes so you didn't bother posting. But my memory is horrible so maybe I'm mistaken :P

kraflab said:

I thought you did get it real time, but you did it in a few minutes so you didn't bother posting. But my memory is horrible so maybe I'm mistaken :P

Nah, if I did it real time, I would have definitely posted it. :P

38_ViTa_38 said:

Final Doom: TNT -- Evilution MAP31 Coop (4 players) in 0:22.60.

Cool. Never expected someone else bothering with 4-player co-op TAS :-P

Aqfaq said:

Are there perhaps more tricks made possible with 4 players, like going through walls? Shouldn't it be possible to run super fast with all four players together?

There are some very tiny tricks. For example if there's one player with invulnerability, other players can shoot the invulnerable player so that he gets wallrun south/west for each frame he gets hit hard enough. That thing could be relevant in doom2 map13 to grab the yellow key through the wall from outside.

That was an attempt without south wallrun when doing the doom2 4-player nomo tas. Yellow key in the red circle. Same thing would allow map04 ending jump directly to the exit door and one jump in the pit. I'm sure there's more.

Looper said:

Cool. Never expected someone else bothering with 4-player co-op TAS :-P

The final version of Selfie Doom has a 4-player co-op TAS demo included!!

Linguica said:

The final version of Selfie Doom has a 4-player co-op TAS demo included!!

Oh yeah, I was wondering that I missed something relevant :P