Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

Looper said:

Map02 is already done faster in the later versions of the run.

Any news on future completion of the run?

Unfortunately, I'm not even sure I can finish MAP02, but the first part is a little faster than xepop's.
Edit: now I think I have enough patience.

02lvx.zip

MD922 said:

Any news on future completion of the run?

We already hassle Looper about tases nonstop in #doom, to no avail.

ClumsyDoomer said:

Plutonia map30 in 0:13('97)

Great. How much time did you spend on this?

Alien Vendetta map32 tyson + UV-Max + reality (I'd call it UV-Matrix, lol) in 10:23. Brace for evasive maneuvres.
It's very raw, unoptimised and pretty much complete improvisation (azu style), but HOLY SHIT, I'm exhausted. Reality isn't a big deal with TAS, but the map itself... I had been ripping my ass apart for 4 nights straight. Also, it's my first serious tyson demo and I'm not very familiar with aspects of that category. So, basically, I suck - I don't know whether it's more effective to actively take part in infights and punch everyone or just watch as those bitches rip each other apart. There are some extreme (for non-TAS) moments like punching the cybers in the end and making the cybies on bridges kill the red jerks properly because they always miss without my assistance and eventually get killed.
Anyway, enjoy.

edit:

Spoiler

av32x1023.zip

Real World 2 d2all in 1:52.
edit: added link to wad

Spoiler

-------------------------------------------------
            Level               |     Time      |
________________________________|_______________|
                                |               |      
MAP01: Hangar                   |    0:04.97    |
MAP02: Nuclear Plant            |    0:03.71    |
MAP03: Toxin Refinery           |    0:04.97    |
MAP04: Command Control          |    0:21.77    |
MAP05: Phobos Lab               |    0:13.97    |
MAP06: Nukage Processing        |    0:15.54    |           
MAP07: Power Control            |    0:15.97    |
MAP08: Containment Area         |    0:09.91    |
MAP09: Refinery                 |    0:08.74    |
MAP10: Circle of Death          |    0:20.91    |
                                |               |
-------------------------------------------------
                                |               |
       Total time:              |  1:52 (-0:08) |
                                |               |

rw2all-152.zip

Hello,

I wanted to do a d2all tas run on SF2012. But I'm currenty kind of stuck at map 13 and I can't get XDRE to work on my machine (Windows 10, it says something like "This app can't run on this machine")

The problem on that map is:
I have to skip Linedef 2106 then I have to trigger Linedef 2108 to open the room with the red skull, then I have to run back through the starting room to get to the red skull.

If I don't skip Linedef 2106 then I have to wait approximately 3 minutes.

I think I can also wait for the Hellknights and try to skip the Linedef with a rocketjump, but that would also take a little bit of time. So far, I got help from SWDude on map 1, map 3 and map 13 (the two glides).

Can someone help me with that Linedef skip please?

EDIT:
Not sure if this is necessary, if I remember right I'm using complevel 9 and I made that run in glboom-plus-2.5.1.3. It's been a while now hehe. That map 13 stopped me. I didn't write a full credits text, because the run isn't finished yet, but you can easily tell that I used 4shockblast's route on map 01 or the shortcut on map 03 which you can also see in j4rio's run, or Ancalogon's map 05 shortcut or Cacatou's map 10 route and so on. I will do a full credits list once the run is done.

PS: I used the SF2012_final.wad

sf1213glide.zip

rodster said:

Can someone help me with that Linedef skip please?

Yes. You need wallrun (at least 1 tic) to skip the linedef.

sf1213skip.zip

That's really cool. Whatever prompted you to do this, it's appreciated!

It is time to show this trick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csgf7fQhKws
It works from that corner, because the player only has to move 24 west and 16 units south. That means you need sqrt(16²+24²) speed.

If you try to do it between the two red bars, you are going south-EAST. Going east or north requires twice the speed (same with the typical line def skips).
So calculation between the red bars would require: 16 distance/speed south, easy to get BUT it requires 16 distance east. And because it is twice as hard to go east/north, it requires 32 speed east and you can't get speeds that high. Well, you can get it with wallrun but it doesn't help unless the wall is diagonal.

(Probably messed up txt-file but too lazy to check anything :D)

22no0804.zip

\o/
How long we need to wait for the rest maps?

YT link is completely useless lol.
Better to record it at much lower speed.

GrumpyCat said:

YT link is completely useless lol.
Better to record it at much lower speed.

Check the .lmp @ map21 then, so you can slow it to 3% or w/e you wish :D

god damn Looper, how do you do it...

this is just so awesome, as far as I could tell it looks to be pretty easy to do non-TAS too, I'll have to test further to see how much time this will save me.

edit: seems impossible to do the glides before getting hit by 30 projectiles on nightmare, managed 13 (edit2: make it 10) seconds on UV (my best is 18 seconds the "normal" way).

Watching it at 10% is the first thing I did, very clever, not obvious trick indeed!
So it's not possible to gain enough speed for "between two red bars" way even with rocket boost from blue bars?

GrumpyCat said:

Watching it at 10% is the first thing I did, very clever, not obvious trick indeed!
So it's not possible to gain enough speed for "between two red bars" way even with rocket boost from blue bars?

It is not possible.

Notice that I tell this trick because 38_ViTa_38 basically found it by testing in his own test maps. He showed that you can glide as tiny as 2*2 gap south-west (as it is 30speed cap). It was meant to be a surprise in the 30uv TAS but guess that will never be completed xD

PS. This is why hate Doom2 Map21. It is ugly map, broken blue bars, somewhat broken yellow bars and slightly broken red bars :-D 3 keys, all skipped. Every room is a square, and there's only 1 optional area, which is of course a square inside a square with brown shit.

You can also void glide in different map geometries. Here's one example:
TNT Map25 in 0:02 but it has one TURBO FRAME.

But you can always use RL instead of turbo. Dunno if suitable for non-TAS.

ev25x002.zip