• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

On 8/20/2019 at 12:32 PM, ZeroMaster010 said:

scythe d2all uv-speed in 5:56

Splendid!

I think there is a way to save several seconds on map30.

It's possible to take yellow key in one go.

First, av jump on the button that lowers the key pillar from this position:

sc30_yk_jump.jpg.6573ff6d8a950a185639101a53137271.jpg

Then press button and rocket jump back to the key.

Presenting some recorded TASes (#2)!

Aliens TC  -  Full UV-Speed    in 7:22      by Beginner:                  YT LINK.

Arxangles  -  Full UV-Speed    in 11:24    by SuperWeaponDude: YT LINK.

Epic 2       -  D2EP1 UV-Max   in 34:29    by Beginner:                   YT LINK.

Proebe     -       UV-Max           in 8:01     by Beginner:                   YT LINK.

Edited by Dimon12321

On 10/29/2019 at 12:47 AM, ZeroMaster010 said:

scythe in 5:48, modified map04 and map30 for my scythe d2all, 4 seconds saved on each level.

Andy, please remove my old entry as the demo is otherwise identical.

scall548x.zip

Was it hard to fit the RNG after Map 4?

Not really, I had enough tics left over after getting the void glide so I could easily adjust. I forgot a linedef skip on map08 in my 30nm tas when I made it, that took some work to correct because I couldn't keep the time under the second and match the RNG index for some time.

Struggle - Antaresian Legacy

Map 33 UV-Max in 1:10

sg33-110.zip

Wonderful WAD with new weapons and changed monsters. Most maps of Episode 2 and 3 have plenty of Slaughterfest-like sections which require as much monster infighting as possible for faster walkthrough, so I'm not sure how faster my TASes would be comparing to TheV1perK1ller's walkthrough.

D2ALL UV-Max is not planned, but at least D2EP1 has to be expected. When? I'm out of ideas.

Edited by Dimon12321

2 hours ago, Dimon12321 said:

Map 33 UV-Max in 1:10

sg33-110.zip

Hey, this demo is really impressive! I really liked the last moment near the exit with that one grenade. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you enjoyed playing Struggle, and it's so nice to see more demo recording of the megawad. Feel free to try more UV-Max playthrough in the future. :)

Struggle - Antaresian Legacy

Map 1 UV-Max in 1:17

sg01x117.zip

I'm going for D2EP1, so future LMP files won't be uploaded until Map 11.

Edited by Dimon12321

Wow, wonderful approach! So, full UV-Speed TAS should be at least 45 mins because the WAD makes you fight a lot in order to advance (break through hordes).

If I take it someday, most of the time would be made in slow motion then =(

Thank you! I'd say it's fair to assume that a UV-Speed would be a fair bit longer but it's hard to say how much as there are also some tricks available in UV-Speed that are not available in NoMo. For example, thingrunning off of a zombieman over the gap to the switch in map one allows beating the level 5-6 seconds faster, and some Arch Vile jumps open up a fair few possibilities in a few levels. 

Big props to that insane double rocket strat on map15, the massive sequence break on map21, the big skip on map19 cutting half the map out entirely, the glides on 7/8 which reduce both to 7 seconds a piece, the single pillar crossing on map10 (where you normally raise the 4 switches where the mastermind is), and the overall use of rocket boosts throughout.

Only map that's slower here than it would be in a UV-Speed is MAP01 as you can't gain speed off of a zombie to skip half the map. :V

Presenting some TAS videos (#3)!

NMD (Need More Detail) -   EP1 NM-Speed    in 5:10    by Alexander Nikulin (jongo)  YT LINK

Killing Adventure             -  Full UV-Speed      in 13:36   by Azurish                             YT LINK

Zone 300                        - D2EP1 UV-Speed  in 4:50     by MD922                             YT LINK

Killer Episode                  -   Full UV-Speed     in 3:25     by SuperWeaponDude         YT LINK

Requiem - Map 3 UV-Speed in 0:28.

I have ambitious plans on making lots of high quality TASes, so I picked one of old-fashioned WADs to improve my skills. Here I learnt XDRE's brute-forcing to get through 32-unit gaps and gain momentum near the openning doors (door trick). Maps 1 and 2 are done too, but they are nearly trivial. After all, my progress is too small to submit an lmp file.
This is my last submission in 2019. The year 2020 will be difficult for me since I'm getting bachelor degree and entering magistracy, so I won't have much free time. It's not the only game in the town and I'll keep making more Doom TASes (at least, to keep in mind how to use XDRE and PrBoom's -recordfromto command).
Thank you for watching my TASes and Merry Christmas to your home!