Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

5 minutes ago, alps said:

i didnt include one because i litterally stated don't upload to dsda

Sorry. My bad. In that case, it worked.

2 hours ago, Coincident said:

Sorry. My bad. In that case, it worked.

also some other demos i mentioned not to upload to dsda (like btsx m01) were uploaded

26 minutes ago, alps said:

also some other demos i mentioned not to upload to dsda (like btsx m01) were uploaded

Do you mean this forum post? https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/73574-tas-tool-assisted-demos-part-2/?page=21&tab=comments#comment-2197298
In that case the zip does have a text file inside; and our process is not smart enough to interpret your text to understand it's not supposed to be uploaded. We can work on that for the future; but at the moment, the simplest way to not get things uploaded is to not include any text file in the .ZIP; or upload anything that is not a .ZIP file.

2 minutes ago, Coincident said:

Do you mean this forum post? https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/73574-tas-tool-assisted-demos-part-2/?page=21&tab=comments#comment-2197298
In that case the zip does have a text file inside; and our process is not smart enough to interpret your text to understand it's not supposed to be uploaded. We can work on that for the future; but at the moment, the simplest way to not get things uploaded is to not include any text file in the .ZIP; or upload anything that is not a .ZIP file.

all right i won't include txt file in ones i dont want to be uploaded to dsda

scythe map01 uv-speed 7.97

sc01x797.zip

i did exit room 2 tics faster than vita, if you combined exit room time in here with 4.89 bars this would be a 7.77 but thats not needed, its still 7 who cares.

origwad pacifist + reality in 1.86

origxpr186.zip

2 imp wallruns + immediate x -16 pos (allows me to gain more momentum, its on blockmap pos btw so i can get more than 14.5)

also no rng manipulation with pistol

(hope getting that visual glitch there isnt illegal hehe)

Edited by alps

doom 2 map16: suburbs nomo

if you wondered what the intended route would be like when TAS'ed

intlv16xo2374.zip

i'll do glide route tmr for 9 (8 requires rocket boosts)

eternally yours map01 uv-speed 15.80

ey01x1580.zip

edit: not going for d2all because of vita skill wallruns being everywhere in map02

don't upload to dsda

Edited by alps

On 8/14/2020 at 12:00 PM, RadicalMacaroni said:

there's already a 1:59 non tas demo of this, I think you can optimize quite a bit further

send link, can't find it, also if it uses normal exits then no wonder why its faster, my aim was to not use any exits but rather always die instead.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, alps said:

send link, can't find it, also if it uses normal exits then no wonder why its faster, my aim was to not use any exits but rather always die instead.

there's basically no maps where normal exits are faster, not sure why you'd think that, but this one doesn't use any normal exits regardless

here's the demo, not mine though, credit goes to Pleymo

deadD2all--0159.zip

human sum of best for this is like 1:37 or something so a TAS should at least be faster than that

11 hours ago, WadMaster/1337 said:

Scythe 2 UVspeed d2all [TAS] 16:21

s2D2All1621.rar

YT messed up with the wideo quality

its slow. akse even did 18 sec on first map by just using slowmotion. think you could improve more.

5 hours ago, alps said:

scythe 2 map01 nomo 15.86 (don't upload to dsda)

s21eowip.zip

see how much you can save by building?

Unfortunately, there is nobody on this forum, who could teach or just explain to me, some doom tricks (how to practice, how it works, when it works), how to use xdre.

I realy love when people talking " Improve more" and they didn't talk how. So selfish and unfair for begginers 🧐

21 minutes ago, WadMaster/1337 said:

Unfortunately, there is nobody on this forum, who could teach or just explain to me, some doom tricks (how to practice, how it works, when it works), how to use xdre.

I realy love when people talking " Improve more" and they didn't talk how. So selfish and unfair for begginers 🧐

Actually, there are some useful guides, totally abandoned because noone is interested in them:

Doom Movement Bible - https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/87199-the-doom-movement-bible/

Zero press trick - https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/95544-a-new-trick-discovery-zero-press/

How to use XDRE - https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/112543-how-to-use-xdre/

Fence Glide - https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/116328-fence-glide-usage-and-application-issues/

2 hours ago, WadMaster/1337 said:

i can help you get started, in like a week or so you'll already be building nicely, but also remember to put lots of effort, that scythe 2 demo i sent wasn't made in like 5 minutes, it was made in around 2,5/3 hours. go to pms so we can talk.

also, if you always keep on using prboom for your demos, i dont think you'll get fast anytime soon, xdre allows you to do everything tic-perfect. and once you learn the basics and start putting more effort, you'll easily blow your old prboom demos off.

1 hour ago, Dimon12321 said:

tricks like fence glide aren't commonly known, i knew that one from e1m3 where you can glide to secret exit. its nice trick lol.

also wadmaster, hope you dont go down the path azuboy did.

I saw some of these posts 4 years ago when i started doing speedrun of HR2. I never found solution about glide skip, monster movement control, item grab, monster hitbox.

About XDRE. I builded some demos, unfortunately they were unnatural and chaotic. For example i build demo for crumpets.wad map01 and 02. It took me 1,5-2 hour to build <---- I wasn't satisfied. I decided not to use this anymore -_- and that's why i use only prboom with slowmo

@alps, no, this one was first. Sigil was kinda second (maps 2-8 were fully built).

2-8 fully built? after checking it in xdre, there are many prboom slowmo recording artifacts, you sure?

@alps, aa, scratch that. I don't keep track of it, but ~50% of input was made in XDRE, maybe less.

It doesn't matter. I'm not trying to win every last second.

@alps, aa, scratch that. I don't keep track of it, but ~50% of input was made in XDRE, maybe less.

you know though, you really need to switch to full building, if you want to make optimal demos, with slowmotion its simply imperfect. combining xdre and prboom still doesn't result in a very perfect demo. just an advice but you can see how far i've come by building only, never used prboom