Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

origxo189.zip

origwad nomo 1.89

the .000000 door trick in this case is on the edge of blockmap. so it reaches 14.5 momentum. combined with a wallrun (or boost in here), its possible to get 1.89

should be frame perfect

1.83 should be possible in uv

Doom Episode 1 UV-Speed in 3:23. - ep1-x323.zip

Almost the same demo as the 3:25 from about a week ago, but with the end edited to save a second on e1m7 & e1m8. I was unable to find a way to complete e1m8 by doing the NoMo glide and then finding a way to enter the void in the courtyard, but this certainly doesn't mean it can't be done! I hope someone is able to find something. 

As before: For the first 80 tics of this demo, the inputs are taken (though slightly, but not significantly, altered) from e1m1xo791.lmp by 38_ViTa_38.

e1m1 nomo 7.91

finally 1.60 door

e1m1xo791.zip

video: 

btw the reason i fire is because first tics are from my uv-speed 7.97, same tics as previous nomo however.

Edited by alps

That FOV gives a futuristic feeling! Nice run! I am not quite keen on the records of E1M1 but looks like sub8 is a milestone for sure. Is this a world record?

11 hours ago, rodster said:

That FOV gives a futuristic feeling! Nice run! I am not quite keen on the records of E1M1 but looks like sub8 is a milestone for sure. Is this a world record?

its a tas bro, no wr. but ill implement that barrel boost an tie 7.89 in a few.

14 hours ago, alps said:

its a tas bro, no wr. but ill implement that barrel boost an tie 7.89 in a few.

why would you bother tying a tas nomo wr of E1M1 when you could do something fun instead

On 12/12/2020 at 1:54 AM, RadicalMacaroni said:

why would you bother tying a tas nomo wr of E1M1 when you could do something fun instead

nvm. didnt send pm, ill just say it here.

what is your problem dude, you seem to never appreciate any kind of demo i make. you kept telling me to improve them or make something better, well tell you what. i've gone as far as bruteforcing a bunch of things in a simple run so there is no going beyond that.

what kind of other fun demo, i have a ton of unfinished projects that are almost all uv-speed. you probably dont think those are fun either.

what are your interests in tasing then? if its straight lines you shouldnt talk to me again.

if you think 7 second e1m1 is easy. send me one that is purely your own work. (with no help, just like in my case).

Edited by alps

@alps, at least, he shares his opinion. Everyone has its own preferences.

If you make Doom TASes just for yourself, then you don't need an opinion if something was good or not. 

If you make Doom TASes for the audience, then you should pay attention to the feedback you receive or, at least, accept that one may not appreciate your work the way you expect him to do. And it doesn't depend on one's skill so he could beat your timing or something like that. He is not your competitor, he doesn't need to prove you anything.

1 hour ago, Dimon12321 said:

@alps, at least, he shares his opinion. Everyone has its own preferences.

If you make Doom TASes just for yourself, then you don't need an opinion if something was good or not. 

If you make Doom TASes for the audience, then you should pay attention to the feedback you receive or, at least, accept that one may not appreciate your work the way you expect him to do. And it doesn't depend on one's skill so he could beat your timing or something like that. He is not your competitor, he doesn't need to prove you anything.

bro, this dude has been saying this same thing since what, march? im tired of it. and whenever i told him i had something better than what he had shown he would tell me he had done the samething without proof. kept getting on my nerves since i began making these.

On 12/13/2020 at 4:05 PM, alps said:

bro, this dude has been saying this same thing since what, march? im tired of it. and whenever i told him i had something better than what he had shown he would tell me he had done the samething without proof. kept getting on my nerves since i began making these.

I never once said I had beaten you on a TAS without proof, I haven't even interacted with you on the forums that much.

All I was trying to say is I'm tired of looking through the tas thread and seeing unique demos get drowned by the 20 demos you submit every month.

There's plenty of others that improved their TASing skill without posting everything they made.

21 minutes ago, RadicalMacaroni said:

All I was trying to say is I'm tired of looking through the tas thread and seeing unique demos get drowned by the 20 demos you submit every month.

There's plenty of others that improved their TASing skill without posting everything they made.

That's a different kind of a problem. We have one common thread for TAS movies where people place their work. alps wants to share his work with us, but he doesn't want to get disregarded - I understand him. If he crates his own thread and post demos there, we will risk not noticing his best efforts because, if you see several demos that don't entertain you, you expect another new demo to be the same.

We have such a thread that's related to CrazyDoomguy's works. I'll be fair, I haven't seen any recent videos because I didn't enjoy the elder ones.

4 hours ago, RadicalMacaroni said:

I never once said I had beaten you on a TAS without proof, I haven't even interacted with you on the forums that much.

you dont remember comments dont you? i dont post demos to show improved skill man. i already have skill. all i want to do, is share my work, just like dimon states.

i dont post much anymore, i dont have time for it. so there you go, happy now? and if i ever post, i wont care if its entertaining you or not.

you never really cared about what i made. you simply never found it "entertaining" enough.

and i was stupid when i started TASing. i posted everything i made back then. because i didnt understand anything at the time.

if i posted everything i made. you would see some 450 more demos in here. all of which i did for practicing.

Eagles01 Map 4 UV-Speed in 3:01

es01-04x301.zip

Boring, don't watch!

Spoiler

BTW, here is Rowdy Rudy 2 Map 2 UV-Max in 0:54 (no demo because it will be a D2All run)

Interesting, watch!

Spoiler

Edited by Dimon12321

Rowdy Rudy 2
Map 3 UV-Max in 1:39

Spoiler

Map 3 - Walkcam showcase

Spoiler

Map 4 UV-Max in 0:46

Spoiler

Map 5 UV-Max in 0:49

Spoiler

Map 6 UV-Max in 1:18

Spoiler

Edited by Dimon12321 : Added Map 6

The Ultimate Doom E1M1 UV-Max 4 Player Co-op in 0:08.63 - c1m1x-8.zip

Edit: Including a YouTube link in both this post and the text file. Thanks for uploading Dimon!

Edited by almostmatt1