Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

On 12/13/2021 at 6:48 PM, almostmatt1 said:

Stardate 20X7 Map 06 NM-Speed in 0:04.51 -

Exact same demo but now with the correct Iwad used. I accidentally used Plutonia before, it synced completely fine with Doom 2 with no change needed.

sdx706nx451.zip 

17 hours ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

adrnilin.wad Map01 UV-Speed done in 0:48.37 Tool Assisted. adrn-TAS4837.zip

Hey, there is a bit in this run where you used SL59 tics, AKA speeds only achievable with turbo mode. As such, this isn't a valid UV-Speed TAS. I can upload it as a UV-Speed TAS with use of turbo, but since this likely was just a typo (?), I figured you might prefer to just redo the run as a whole.

17 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, there is a bit in this run where you used SL59 tics, AKA speeds only achievable with turbo mode. As such, this isn't a valid UV-Speed TAS. I can upload it as a UV-Speed TAS with use of turbo, but since this likely was just a typo (?), I figured you might prefer to just redo the run as a whole.

Thanks for mentioning that, i knew something was wrong. It is a simple typo. If you can please name the first tic this happens so i can fix it quicker

19 minutes ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

Thanks for mentioning that, i knew something was wrong. It is a simple typo. If you can please name the first tic this happens so i can fix it quicker

This happens on tics 680-691. You can't really fix it easily, though, I mean, you'd have to redo from that point onward basically, otherwise it will desync. :P

Just now, 4shockblast said:

This happens on tics 680-691. You can't really fix it easily, though, I mean, you'd have to redo from that point onward basically, otherwise it will desync. :P

exactly what i was planning too. just wanted the time of it happening so i didint have to restart from tic 1

On 1/16/2022 at 9:32 AM, inoshepotyanin228 said:

Doom II TAS Turbo NoMo in 12:43

My first TAS lol

d2xtuo1243.rar

Hey, would you be able to use the zip file format? Rar and 7z are not uploaded. Also, you will need to include a textfile, something like the following at minimum:

PWAD: something.wad
PWAD Name: Name
Map: ##
Skill: 4
Category: UV-Max
Exe: DSDA-Doom #.##.# complevel ##
Recorded on: Date
Time: #:##
Author: player_name
Description:

In your case, exe will be whatever you used to TAS. Since it is a movie run, you can also follow the format of other TAS movies which often include all of the map times (for example, you can copy my turbo TAS of Doom 2), but this is not required. Of course, please make sure to mention it is a TAS, and preferably include the following line in full: "THIS IS A TOOLS-ASSISTED DEMO". It's good practice to do this since it very prominently identifies your run as TAS.

Once you make all of the above changes, I suggest making a new post with the new zip so that it can get picked up by the uploader normally.

12 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, would you be able to use the zip file format? Rar and 7z are not uploaded. Also, you will need to include a textfile, something like the following at minimum:

PWAD: something.wad
PWAD Name: Name
Map: ##
Skill: 4
Category: UV-Max
Exe: DSDA-Doom #.##.# complevel ##
Recorded on: Date
Time: #:##
Author: player_name
Description:

In your case, exe will be whatever you used to TAS. Since it is a movie run, you can also follow the format of other TAS movies which often include all of the map times (for example, you can copy my turbo TAS of Doom 2), but this is not required. Of course, please make sure to mention it is a TAS, and preferably include the following line in full: "THIS IS A TOOLS-ASSISTED DEMO". It's good practice to do this since it very prominently identifies your run as TAS.

Once you make all of the above changes, I suggest making a new post with the new zip so that it can get picked up by the uploader normally.

Ok, thanks