Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

I made some TNTTHREE demos for fun.
Map 23: UV-Speed/Pacifist
Map 26: This really isn't in a category. I just thought it looked cool. I could of made it faster. But waiting for a vile to do a jump in slow-motion was fucking me up. With more patients I could low the time significantly.

tnt3TAS.zip

Chillax MAP 21 UV-MAX TAS in 1:35:40                                                                                                                                                                           

chx21map13540.zip

2 hours ago, Red Recluse said:

Chillax MAP 21 UV-MAX TAS in 1:35:40                                                                                                                                                                           

chx21map13540.zip

Your TAS runs are best TAS runs!

BTSX E1

Map 24 NoMonsters in 1:02 (void glide at the end)

b124ox102.zip

Spoiler

On 5/24/2019 at 10:10 PM, kraflab said:

I guess it's too late now, but there's a nice void glide on the last map that skips most of it (including the big encounter / lock-in) 🙈

Regardless, nice to see a full tas!

So, after almost 3 years, I did it xD

Edited by Dimon12321

Chillax MAP 35 UV-MAX TAS in 18:22                                                                                       

chx35x1822.zip                                                                                                                            

53 minutes ago, Red Recluse said:

Chillax MAP 35 UV-MAX TAS in 18:22                                                                                       

chx35x1822.zip                                                                                                                            

Is it possible that you don't do the textfile like this because it is super annoying to read? Also, please fix your file names/posts in the NoSP2 demos.

Tarakannik Map 04 UV-MAX TAS in 10:33                                                                                                                                               

Tarakannik4x1033.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                     

On 4/3/2022 at 2:15 AM, NightmareZer0 said:

I made some TNTTHREE demos for fun.
Map 23: UV-Speed/Pacifist
Map 26: This really isn't in a category. I just thought it looked cool. I could of made it faster. But waiting for a vile to do a jump in slow-motion was fucking me up. With more patients I could low the time significantly.

tnt3TAS.zip

Some issues:

• Please be sure to use the appropriate complevel for recording the demo as well; in case of TNTTHREE, that would be 9 (Boom). You can determine complevels typically by asking, checking the wad textfile, or seeing what people tend to use for a WAD on DSDA.
  • You need to include a textfile with your submission for your demo to be uploaded to DSDA.
  • If you record multiple demos, please place them in separate zips, each with its own textfile.
  • You should use an appropriate naming convention, such as: tnt323p### where ### is your time. You can check for typical naming conventions on DSDA for the wad you are recording on. In case of TNT3, as it had no conventions, you would have to choose, but at this point, it has its own thread, and tnt3 seems to be the current preference.

Here's an example textfile:

PWAD: something.wad
PWAD Name: Name
Map: ##
Skill: 4
Category: UV-Max
Exe: DSDA-Doom #.##.# complevel ##
Recorded on: Date
Time: #:##
Author: player_name
Description:

Tarakannik MAP 14 UV-MAX TAS in 11:54                                                                                 

Tarakannik14x1154.zip                                                                                                             

15 hours ago, L0l1nd3r said:

I've finished the new Sunder maps (15-20, and 31-32). Now it's time to show the 2009 version some love.

Map 01: Python

Demo: su01-202.zip

YouTube: https://youtu.be/ElmZhYIUk20

Map 02: The Burrow

Demo: su02-413.zip

YouTube: https://youtu.be/S7ym-a57l8A

Based off of the video title, I'm assuming those are indeed TAS runs. Make sure to put an x in the file name to indicate it as a TAS. For example, su01x202. It would also be a good idea to include what tools you used (re-recording, slo-mo, or other DSDA-Doom tools) in the text file, although I'm not sure what others' views are on this, so it is up to you. I would if I were you since you already need to change the uploaded file anyway :)

19 hours ago, L0l1nd3r said:

I've finished the new Sunder maps (15-20, and 31-32). Now it's time to show the 2009 version some love.

Map 01: Python

Demo: su01-202.zip

YouTube: https://youtu.be/ElmZhYIUk20

Map 02: The Burrow

Demo: su02-413.zip

YouTube: https://youtu.be/S7ym-a57l8A

Also, please use cl9 for Sunder. I'll accept these runs, for now (since the DSDA page is a mess rn anyway), but generally speaking, it's a cl9 wad designed for no lost soul limit first and foremost IMO.

Edit: Actually, looks like you used cl2 for just map 1, and cl9 for map 2. I guess map 1 it doesn't really matter much for anyway, but going forward, please use cl9. :)

9 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Also, please use cl9 for Sunder. I'll accept these runs, for now (since the DSDA page is a mess rn anyway), but generally speaking, it's a cl9 wad designed for no lost soul limit first and foremost IMO.

Edit: Actually, looks like you used cl2 for just map 1, and cl9 for map 2. I guess map 1 it doesn't really matter much for anyway, but going forward, please use cl9. :)

I assumed based on the readme line 13: "*For DOOM II*" Sunder was cl2. The first thing that didn't work right in cl2 was the Hell Knights not popping up in map 2. So cl9 is no problem. I like Boom's RNG better anyway.

Chillax2 Map 6 UV-MAX TAS in 13:59                                                                                                                                                                             

Chillax2 6x1359.zip

Chillax Map 23 UV-MAX TAS in 37:53                                                                                         

Chillax23x3753.zip