Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

Chillax2 MAP 8 UV-MAX TAS in 11:24                                                                           

Chillax28x1124.zip                                                                                                       

Gridlock MAP 29 UV-MAX TAS in 19:00                                                                         

Grid29x1900.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Slaughterfest 2011 MAP 30 UV-MAX TAS in 32:53                                                         

SF201130x3253.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Chillax MAP 25 UV-MAX [TAS] in 21:29                                                                                                                                                       

Chillax25x2129.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Tarakannik MAP 13 UV-MAX TAS in 11:43                                                                                                                                                   

Tarakannik13x1143.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Tarakannik MAP 03 UV-MAX [TAS] in 5:39                                                                                                                                                 

Tarakannik03x539.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Disparate Realities MAP 7 UV-MAX [TAS] in 16:20                                                                                                                                       

drfv7x1620.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Hey @RockyGaming4725,

Am interested in your TAS of Plutonia Map 04, what is the trick to hitting the exit sector?

I watched this in slowmo and could not see anything out of the ordinary. I'm not a speedrunner just interested in what the mechanic was as that was an interesting map I completed recently!

Spoiler
19 minutes ago, RockyGaming4725 said:

Plutonia Map 04 UV Speed in 3.89

pl04x389.zip
Video - 

Hide contents

31 minutes ago, ImproversGaming said:

Hey @RockyGaming4725,

Am interested in your TAS of Plutonia Map 04, what is the trick to hitting the exit sector?

I watched this in slowmo and could not see anything out of the ordinary. I'm not a speedrunner just interested in what the mechanic was as that was an interesting map I completed recently!

Reveal hidden contents

It's a zero press (also known as an zero press). Essentially, you can press switches from farther away than normal, up to 69 units rather than the standard 48 (I believe the direction the switch is facing impacts how far away you can hit it, so some cannot be zero pressed from 69 units away while others can... I'm not sure about what directions and such but just a good mental note). This is done by getting exactly parallel with the switch linedef and hitting it from the left side. It requires decent precision and is doable non-tas, although not instantly. With tas we can do a quick setup and brute force it, getting it instantly. Switches are infinitely tall, so the fact that the switch is high up does not matter. I may have gotten some info wrong but I think it should be good enough of an explanation :)

Also the quote broke a little haha

55 minutes ago, Gandorf the Purple said:

Going Down D2All UV-Speed in 14:56 gdallx1456.zip

That was on my list. I'm glad someone did it faster! Glad even more I haven't spend any time on it. Great work!

Chillax MAP 12 UV-MAX [TAS] in 24:25                                                                                                                                                       

Chillax12x2425.zip