Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

I have started a YouTube channel with the eventual goal to post a video of every TAS on DSDArchive. I'd imagine that if demos are publicly shared then the author would not mind me re-posting them, but if anyone for whatever reason wants me to NOT upload their demos, please let me know and I'll make a note to avoid them. The plan is to post all demos from a particular TASer at a time and work through the player list alphabetically, but I'll try to prioritise demos that are newly uploaded to DSDArchive so that they don't get lost.

Here is the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnOJXrNSVsxzN3xaRRFZbWQ

I'm still getting some stuff set up and determining a half-decent workflow for this so there are only a handful of demos for now, and YouTube apparently enforces an upload limit for new channels for a while, so there's currently not much to see but it will certainly expand over time!

@almostmatt1 Wouldn't it be better for you to host Zero-Master's DSDA channel and upload the remaining TAS videos which haven't been uploaded yet? Because, some of them will eventually have three or even 4 copies of the same demo: at the author's channel, DSDA channel, your channel and some other arbitrary channel (for notable videos, like this one here).

I'm sure that Zero Master wouldn't wish to hand over control of that channel, but even if I theoretically did take it over I'd probably want to re-upload all the TASes anyway. Many of the TAS demos are not 4K and as far as I'm aware none of them use the extended HUD, which seems to be generally preferred. Also I only want to upload TAS demos, and even though the DSDA channel rarely posts nowadays, it would be strange to suddenly upload hundreds of TAS demos and no non-TAS demos to a channel that traditionally posted non-TAS demos the overwhelming majority of the time. This way I can make sure everything is 4K, uses the extended hud, can be neatly organised into playlists by WAD and by player, and that the video description for each TAS is thorough. I'd like them all to include links to the WAD, links to download the demo file, and a copy of the text file submitted alongside the demo.

I agree that some demos having several duplicates could be somewhat of an issue though. I'm not too worried about it because it means that hopefully there will be a high quality video available for everything and it will overall bring more viewership to Doom TASes, but my biggest concern is taking away viewership from the channels of the TASers. I'd guess that if anyone objected to me uploading their TASes that would be why, which is fair enough.

Antaresian Reliquary MAP 31 UV-MAX TAS in 21:09                                                                                                                         

Anta_Req31x2109.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Sunder MAP 14 UV-MAX TAS in 10:04                                                                           

Sunder14x1004.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Edited by Red Recluse

Chillax MAP 40 UV-MAX TAS in 44:25                                                                           

Chillax40x4425.zip