Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

Abandon MAP 15 UV-MAX TAS in 15:31                                                                                                                                                     

Abandon15x1531.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Flotsam MAP 9 UV-MAX TAS in 10:15                                                                                                                                                         

Flotsam9x1015.zip                                                     

Hell Revealed 2 MAP 02 UV-Tyson TAS in 1:42                                                                                                                                             

hr202tx142.zip                   

Chillax MAP 27 UV-MAX [TAS] in 29:03                                                                                                                                                     

Chillax27x2903.zip                                                                                                                                                                                     

Valiant, UV Max, all five episodes.

I've done the whole thing again. Actually I shouldn't have posted the first runs, but I was just too excited at the time to have figured out how to use the tools. Those first submissions took me a few days to create. This took me...more than a year! (Though with a break of several months.) Some maps I replayed over and over, because I continuously discover an error or find a slightly better strategy on earlier maps. It will never be perfect, but now I've reached a point where I can be proud of the result.

I have many hobbies and don't want to devote the time to train and become a competitive speedrunner. Not sure if I even have the skill. But my admiration for Valiant is deep, UV Max is the only speedrun category I truly care about, so if this was to be my Doom legacy, it better be good. For me it's a treat to watch this, if I may say so myself, but I hope you'll enjoy it as well!

All five runs are in this YouTube playlist.

vae1-1405.zip

vae2-2105.zip

vae3-3132.zip

vae4-2530.zip

vae5-2756.zip

9 hours ago, MatrixCL said:

I've done the whole thing again. Actually I shouldn't have posted the first runs, but I was just too excited at the time to have figured out how to use the tools. Those first submissions took me a few days to create. This took me...more than a year! (Though with a break of several months.) Some maps I replayed over and over, because I continuously discover an error or find a slightly better strategy on earlier maps. It will never be perfect, but now I've reached a point where I can be proud of the result.

I have many hobbies and don't want to devote the time to train and become a competitive speedrunner. Not sure if I even have the skill. But my admiration for Valiant is deep, UV Max is the only speedrun category I truly care about, so if this was to be my Doom legacy, it better be good. For me it's a treat to watch this, if I may say so myself, but I hope you'll enjoy it as well!

vae1-1405.zip

vae2-2105.zip

vae3-3132.zip

vae4-2530.zip

vae5-2756.zip

Gotta say this is very well done, good work Matrix I hope you are feeling good about getting this released, looks like a really good quality max(s)!

On 7/30/2022 at 8:52 AM, MatrixCL said:

vae1-1405.zip

vae2-2105.zip

vae3-3132.zip

vae4-2530.zip

vae5-2756.zip

Afraid you missed an imp in map 2 of the ep 4 max. Do you want to redo that one? It probably would be tricky to reach the end of that map with the same RNG value and ammo amounts to not desync later maps.. :/

15 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Afraid you missed an imp in map 2 of the ep 4 max. Do you want to redo that one? It probably would be tricky to reach the end of that map with the same RNG value and ammo amounts to not desync later maps.. :/

Oh my, how did I miss that? I think I will redo it. It's actually the first episode that I had put a 'done' stamp on.

My only tool has been DSDA-Doom and I wouldn't know how to change a demo halfway with that and leaving the rest intact. Ammo is abundant, so I think the RNG would be the only issue. I might be able to fix that with XDRE, we'll see. Thanks for pointing it out!

Dimensions MAP 32 UV-MAX [TAS] in 8:03                                                                                                                                                 

dmnsns32x803.zip                                                                                                                                                                                     

Chillax MAP 43 UV-MAX [TAS] in 16:13                                                                                                                                                     

Chillax43x1613.zip                                                                                                                                                                                     

Tarakannik MAP 29 UV-MAX [TAS] in 18:56                                                                                                                                                 

Tarakannik29x1856.zip   

Dimensions MAP 1 UV-MAX [TAS] in 8:10                                                                                                                                                 

dmnsns1x810.zip                                                                                                                                                    https://youtu.be/okr5y1wYDn8

Edited by Red Recluse

Tarakannik MAP 08 UV-MAX [TAS] in 6:06                                                                                                                                                   

Tarakannik8x606.zip                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Disparate Realities MAP 3 UV-MAX [TAS] in 12:18                                                                                                                                       

drfv3x1218.zip                                                                                                                                                     

Tarakannik MAP 23 UV-MAX [TAS] in 10:24                                                                                                                                                 

Tarakannik23x1024.zip                                                                                                                                                                             

Spoiler

Salomons Kitchen MAP 1 UV-MAX [TAS] in 38:26                                                                                                                                       

SalomonsKitchen1x3826.zip                                                                                                                                                                       

Spoiler