Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
taufan99

What happened to Mordeth?

It's been over 15 years, and we still don't get the sequel.

The only thing I know that it's better be good.

xnv said:

The only thing I know that it's better be good.

I doubt it. *cough* Duke Nukem Forever *cough*

Mordeth became a literal icon of a "never-going-to-be-finished-and-released" project, so much literal that nowadays it's practically nothing more and nothing less than just that. So, asking anything about the actual project seems to be pointless.

Mordeth (the author) occasionally posts questions on the Eternity forum, so I'd say Mordeth (the project) isn't dead, though work on it probably has to fit in-between Real Life commitments.

Pretty sure Mordeth II is no more than the official running gag of Doomworld. I imagine it'll never come out purely because of the Duke Nukem Forever syndrome mentioned above: it's taken so long to come out that it can't possibly live up to anyone's expectations, so may just as well abandon it.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Mordeth around a couple of times in the last few weeks, maybe you could ask him directly.

if he's even going to complete mordeth. i can only speak for myself, but i have much less time for gaming than i had 15 years ago.

expectations and the evolution of mapmaking since doesn't make it easier.

I am not expecting the sequel. Some people simply just run out of ideas and/or other things in life take over.

mordeth's final release is actually the first seal of the end of days, spoken of in ancient prophesy.