Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ninja of DooM

I'm back and I need some help

I finally had a chance to come back here after playing some other games and when I got to install DooM on my new comp I realized that the music score has gone fucked up. Is this cos of win XP?

Just play with no Music on.
Most of it's not worth listening to anyway, IMHO.

DooMBoy said:

Flamewar ahoy!

DooMBoy said:

You are wrong! The music is great! Where did you get that opinion? MY ASS THE MUSIC IS NOT WORTH LISTENING TO!

if you're using doom.exe then it would be awesome if the sound was working on your PC under XP. In fact I'd be real impressed if it were.

If you're using a 32-bit OS, you need a sourceport. Really, you do. There is endless info on this site about them.

Ninja of DooM said:

Is this cos of win XP?

Yes, although you're lucky it's just your music and not your soundfx. My music is fine in XP, but when a sound effect plays, the game slows to about 0.1 fps and the rest of the sound cackles.

Fredrik said:

You are wrong! The music is great! Where did you get that opinion? MY ASS THE MUSIC IS NOT WORTH LISTENING TO!

That's why I said IMHO-In My Humble Opinion. If we're talking Doom 1, some of the music is worth listening to, if we're talking Doom2 or Final Doom (either episode), then it just ain't worth listening to-IMHO.

elbryan42 said:

Sigh... what about superior MP3s?

Das Ich only has 1 actual soundtrack, which gets repetitive after a few hours, even while playing a game :\

DooMBoy said:

this coming from a staind fan...

when a sound effect plays, the game slows to about 0.1 fps and the rest of the sound cackles.

Hmm... don't think that's an operating system problem. I get the same problem when I try playing Doom with the wad also open in Wintex.

And get the MP3 wads. Better than midi anyday. They're already up on my webspace on doom2.net (http://www.doom2.net/~elbryan/wads/music wads/) and will be on the Doom Depot when I'm done the update this weekend.

elbryan42 said:

Hmm... don't think that's an operating system problem. I get the same problem when I try playing Doom with the wad also open in Wintex.

Well, it's the same with all my DOS apps in WinXP, not just doom.exe. XP just doesn't support DOS well, that's the downside. This is still the same system I've had the last few years, XP is the only new addition to it since about a year ago.

elbryan42 said:

And get the MP3 wads. Better than MIDI anyday.

Yeah but doom.exe doesn't support them.

DooMBoy said:

That's why I said IMHO-In My Humble Opinion. If we're talking Doom 1, some of the music is worth listening to, if we're talking Doom2 or Final Doom (either episode), then it just ain't worth listening to-IMHO.

Oh well, I actually agree with that.

Fredrik said:

Oh well, I actually agree with that.

BLASTED SWEDEN COST US 3 POINTS!! Grrr! :P

Hang about, there's a few decent tracks in Final Doom, especially in Evilution.

fodders said:

2 points

they cost us the full 3 points, gramps. And we played horribly. I spose you were watching with all the progeny?

Heh, btw, a computer has calculated Argentina should win the World Cup with a 13.2% chance, but seeing as you know all things on the internet I guess you've seen ia already.

DooMBoy said:

What is wrong with the Final Doom music??? Most of the Plutonia music is Doom1 music anyway and there are some really fine tidbits in Evilution (Psst, D_the_da).

I haven't listened to the DOOM music in years and years. If I listen to anything while playing it's Ministry or KMFDM. KMFDM seems to go really well. :)

Most music's in Evilution and Ultimate are good enough to listen.

BTW, Elbryan, didn't you have Evilution MP3's?