Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lvangundy

Feature request: Doom Builder

Please add CTRL + - and CTRL + + for zoom grid view in and out, like all graphic editors do. Also add quarter percent zoom levels, not just 50 / 100 / 200 etc.

raymoohawk said:

doom builder isnt being developed anymore, gzdoom builder is its succesor.

Wait, what? As far as I know GZDoom Builder is an offshoot meant more for ZDoom mapping, not a successor.

There's no dev contact in the help menus and I've been out of the loop on this stuff, so I wasn't sure who to contact. I just downloaded it to see what's been new in the editing system. Is doombuilder mothballed?

Linguica said:

GZDB really needs a name change...

It also needs to be distributed with port configs aside from vanilla, Boom and "z-family" ports. Though trivial, it's inconvenient to import DB2's configs for everything else. It reinforces the false notion of being "z-family" specific by only including those and the two lowest common denominators.

I doubt MaxED would object to a few more port configs if someone's prepared to test them beforehand.

@Lvangundy - you'll find the most recent version of DB2 here

Linguica said:

GZDB really needs a name change...

Any suggestions? :)

DECK - Doom Engine Construction Kit (... nothing to do with DCK)
DICE - Doom Immersive Construction Editor
Doom SandBox
DEXAM :)

Kappes Buur said:

DECK - Doom Engine Construction Kit (DCK)

I like it!

A lil' tongue in cheek: Doom Designer.

You can bind keys to zoom grid view in and out in Preferences > Control > Edit > Grid Decrease and Grid Increase. Definitely an useful feature.

Edit: my bad. See MaxEd's post below.

Kappes Buur said:

DECK - Doom Engine Construction Kit (... nothing to do with DCK)

Or DECK!

Phml said:

You can bind keys to zoom grid view in and out in Preferences > Control > Edit > Grid Decrease and Grid Increase. Definitely an useful feature, perhaps it should have default hotkeys in future releases (of gzdb, obviously).

They already default to "[" and "]" in both DB2 and GZDB (unless you messed with "DB2\Builder.cfg" or "GZDB\GZBuilder.default.cfg", of course).

I think "Doom Builder" should remain a part of the title, otherwise once again people will be hesitant to switch to it since they will think that it has nothing to do with DB and that it's some completely different editor you have to get used to, which is always a pain.

Maybe Doom Builder Plus or Doom Builder Pro. o,o

Well, thanks to the odd obsession with doom and ass on this forum, i can now honestly write abut my eyes getting stuck on a demon his pink muscular ass because the mind automatically assumed that to be the reason of the image... and then the mind flashed a less noble thought.

Seriously, what's the problem with possibly calling GZDB "Doom Builder 3"? The arguments presented earlier in this thread make it justified, IMO.

Memfis said:

I think "Doom Builder" should remain a part of the title, otherwise once again people will be hesitant to switch to it since they will think that it has nothing to do with DB and that it's some completely different editor you have to get used to, which is always a pain.

That is a good idea.
Although the SVN page already is changed to just Doom Builder, I think it would be better
if there were some differentiation from previous names.

Memfis said:

Maybe Doom Builder Plus or Doom Builder Pro. o,o

Sounds good.
Or perhaps Doom Builder Max or Doom Builder Ultimate? :)

next version should called just doom builder, and we can than debate and be confused if it should called doom builder 4 or doom builder (2016)

raymoohawk said:

next version should called just doom builder, and we can than debate and be confused if it should called doom builder 4 or doom builder (2016)

I like it!!