Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeJay

Blitzkrieg! Chris' WWII/Wolf3D gameplay mod (2017)

Just a little Wolf3D/WWII themed gameplay mod i've been working on for 3DGE 2.0.1 (or later). Nothing too special or revolutionary, just a fun little mod featuring a ton of Nazis and a nice selection of weapons to deal with them. It is incredible frantic and difficult though since enemies move faster, have itchy trigger fingers and are just all around more aggresive.

Requires 3DGE 2.0.0 or later. It will not work with GZDoom, ZDoom, Skulltag, Zandronum or any other port than 3DGE.

WEAPONS

Spoiler

Knife
Luger / Suppressed Luger / Walther P38
Kar98k
MP40 / Dual MP40
Panzerfaust
Stg44
Flamethrower
MG42

And stick grenades which are activated with the secondary attack (all weapons)

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler

NJDOOM2.WAD (Enjay DOOM 2)

EPIC2.WAD

The menu

D2TWID.WAD (Doom 2 the way id did)

DOOM2.WAD (Doom 2: Hell on Earth)

epic fail

BROTHERHOOD OF RUIN
An Ubermutant in a cage, how fitting.

I didn't do it

DOWNLOAD
Version 7.0: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2go6w18t3h3bgdq/cj-blitz.zip

CREDITS
Id Software
FormGen Corporation
Apogee / 3D Realms
MacPlay / Interplay
Monolith Productions
Wolf Skevos-Jones
DoomJedi
JoeyTD
WildWeasel
HellcatX
MJ79
Captain J.
Sgt. Shivers
osjclatchford
WLHack
Adersso (STG44 firing sound)
GameBanana
thecasperart/Deviantart (Nazi skull)
SavageCorona (support)
Team Raycast

My apologies if I've missed someone

Would that happen to be a hint of a stealth system in this shot here maybe similar to RTCW?

Even if it's not I'm very interested in this. I do miss the whole classic Wolfenstein theme.

Also another question do they patrol/move around when inactive similar to Wolf 3D?

Some of the lesser enemies will occasionally wander around, looking for targets. But it isn't a scripted patrol path like in Wolf3D. There is no special stealth mechanics implemented. However, treading lightly and being stealthy is recommended since enemies are much more of a threat, especially in groups.

I wasn't expecting anything special in the stealth department, as I said, like RTCW, which means "The enemies are doing their thing until they see you and then they're all after you" which is what I like honestly. That's usually the point in an actual stealth game where you reload your save.

Will at least the knife be silent and the silencer actually silence the weapon (you know how the fist alerts enemies, dumb stuff haha)?

I suppose that it would be totally inappropriate for me to suggest jitter skulls be added?

CeeJay said:

What's "jitter skulls"?

Alas, there was a time when Brutal Doom was not the most popular mod in doom history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gryhggOiBQI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

But maybe that spider motif in one of the screenies has me nostalgic for a fantasy/gothic vibe. I'm not sure as to the license for ghoul's forrest anyway. It must be time for me to play it again, been a few years. Hopefully the brutalizers haven't gotten to it yet.

So that's what a Jitter skull is. Hmmm, noway nohow is that making its way into this mod. Not only is it terrible unfitting (how does one even make that connection) but that has to be right up there among the most irritating/annoying custom monsters in any Doom mod ever. 'nuff said.

CeeJay said:

So that's what a Jitter skull is. Hmmm, noway nohow is that making its way into this mod. Not only is it terrible unfitting (how does one even make that connection) but that has to be right up there among the most irritating/annoying custom monsters in any Doom mod ever. 'nuff said.

Inappropriate ftw!

*dies trying to hug jitter skull*

SavageCorona said:

The more I come back here the more I want this. Alas, ye cannae rush art, lads.

I reckon it's about 99% finished, got some polishing and balancing to do. And hoping some kind soul will answer my sprite requests over at zdoom.org. One of the weapons need to be re-handed.

Who said it's BJ? I'm leaving it ambiguous as to who the main hero is. Could be BJ, or a relative. The face was drawn to resemble the one from Wolfenstein RPG.

Yep, I figured the two BJ status faces (original and mac) were a little overused by this point and I wanted something a little more unique.

CeeJay said:

Yep, I figured the two BJ status faces (original and mac) were a little overused by this point and I wanted something a little more unique.

I agree with this notion. That's actually the reason why the main character of WW-Nazis is never, ever stated to be BJ; I just refer to him in all documentation as "some guy with a revolver."

What map pack? There'll be no new levels with this mod, I was posting screenshots using the mod with various map packs. The definition of a gameplay mod is just that, that it changes aspects of just about everything except levels. If it had levels it would be a total or partial conversion.

If you go to the screenshot spoiler you will find the title of the WAD being used in bold lettering.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I like that the main character looks like Bruce Willis

Oh baby I'm psyched for this.

I haven't "experienced the whole thing" yet but what I have experienced is totally awesome. I love the new berserk which is hilarious to use and the difficulty is delightfully high. I don't particularly like the 3DGE controls a lot, they just seem janky and clunky, but I'm just used to GZDoom so that's a personal thing, but it still takes away from it for me, but not enough to completely ruin the mod as a whole. The guns feel very satisfying to use, even the pistol (though I haven't found the silencer yet I guess it replaces a powerup or something) and it's just the best thing to charge through flailing fists and splattering nazis left and right with the berserk (though admittedly it's not a great plan if you intend to survive)