Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revenant!

DOOM3 outro !?

What do you guys expect from the end of Doom3 ?
I mean, would you like a "to be continued" or should it be an absolutely closing story ? Or better something that could be both ?
Its also an option to choose a dreadful end....
Any opinions ?

(I can't remember if this has been discussed, if yes tell me and I'll delete this thread)

Well, endings in most First Person Shooters recently have sucked IMO- hopefully, ID will make a decent ending...the station or Mars gets destroyed perhaps?

Doom 3 will probably have one hell (sorry, no pun intended) of a boss fight, it'd be a shame if we had a frantic, challenging boss fight, then just lame scrolling credits.

Hmm.. a Hell of a bossfight would be cool.. the hero survives and he gets picked up by the earths rescue team.. and you see him leaving mars.. then the camera flyes trough some hallways seeing many corpses, dead zombies and monsters. and then it brings you to the gate at the beginning of the gameplay vid and you see its turning itself on and a evil wispering voice (just like the one in the beginning of the gameplay vid (we are gonna feast on humans.. tasty humans. we are god zombies)) says something you cant understand and then the game ends.. this makes it possible to continue the story..

Fredrik said:

End should be that the player dies. Mwahahah.

You gotta be trolling on me again!
It'd suck to have the player die in the end - then all his fighting to preserve himself will seem in vain (even though he rescued humanity).
Hmm, since Doom 3's a retelling of Doom 1, there may be a loose ending which would allow for some sort of follow-up - a mission pack maybe.

Remember how in Quake 3 the Doomguy's messages were all about going crazy. I think that would be an interesting ending.

Linguica said:

Remember how in Quake 3 the Doomguy's messages were all about going crazy. I think that would be an interesting ending.

Good point- who wouldn't go crazy after fighting dozens of bloodthirsty demons from Hell and seeing horrific acts of mutilation, then actually going to Hell?

Wait, that's a question that nevers gets answered in games. Oh well.

the battle is over, it starts raining, doomguy grabs an umbrella and begins singing ala fred astaire....then he puts on a gorilla suit and starts gnawing on his foot. credits roll.

doomsick said:

the battle is over, it starts raining, doomguy grabs an umbrella and begins singing ala fred astaire....then he puts on a gorilla suit and starts gnawing on his foot. credits roll.

Damn you read my mind there

doomsick said:

Post Of The Week™

Linguica said:

is there a site with all of his messages on it?