Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LittleInferno

Issues with DeHackEd (Again)

So, with my DeHackEd patch, I made the rocket launcher fire the Mancubus fireballs. The issue is that when one enemy is killed, and I try to fire at something else, it suddenly points back at the dead enemy and fires at that instead, like a aim-bot uploaded on April Fools Day. How can I fix that?

I am using GZDoom with MBF BEX format.

I'm pretty sure that your bex patch takes advantage of some undefined behaviour that was never intended to be exploited and that will break in non-ZDoom-based ports. Weapon-related and thing-AI-related codepointers are each a group on its own and shouldn't be mixed. If you're targeting ZDoom, use DECORATE instead of dehacked/bex.

Making the player try and fire enemy fireballs with Dehacked is a recipe for pain. The code pointers to fire a fireball assume there is a "target" set for the thing firing the fireball. But the player never has a "target" because the game has no way of knowing or setting such a thing. So you get weird crashy behavior.

LittleInferno said:

DECORATE didn't work either. Never mind everything now. :p

Did you fire the projectile using A_FireCustomMissile? That's the correct way to fire custom projectiles via player's weapon.

If you used A_FatAttack3, then you will get the same result as in DEHACKED, because it's still the same function, and still not intended to be used on a weapon.