Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coolkids

So. I want to make a video game.

My friend actually made pong in Construct 2 just by experimenting with no tutorials. Admittedly it didn't work extremely well and you needed to hit the ball on the corners to make it actually play like pong but it was a start.

My first game was pong in flash with action script 2. I used to make an Atari ish game every Saturday.

The guy that made Gunpoint had no programming skill before he started. I think that games popularity comes from him being a former reviewed for PC gamer.

Once I get a new computer, I'd love to get a few guys here to help with a game I've been drawing up for a while. It'd run in Doom's engine, and probably wouldn't be too terribly hard to design.

Jaxxoon R said:

Congrats on getting Gloome into Rock-Paper-Shotgun. More proof professional writers look to DoomWorld and "Everything Else" for articles.

I found another GameMaker game. Prison Architect. I can't find it anywhere publicly, but I found their debug script and its location tells all. I have this hunch that FTL is as well.

kristus said:

I have Prison Architect on Steam.

I do too. I love it. Its the best Early Access game that shouldn't be in Early Access. Its as good as it is now to be a full release and has been for 2 years. They should be working on a sequel. That just means we get a lot more for our money.

I wish someone would have made a Prison Architect game for Towns.

Looks like they've made a few other games. All of which I'm going to guess are GameMaker. Reading their wiki they're a team of 3 friends and the producer must be the guy with money, because watching the monthly update videos of Prison Architect, he seems pretty clueless and its just one guy doing all the work. Well I call him the man with money, but the company has gone bankrupt or almost gone bankrupt for over a decade.

People seem to underestimate the power of Game Maker.
I've been using GM for years it hasn't let me down.

My motto was:
"It's better to have a finished Game Maker game that works
Than an unfinished C++ game that doesn't."

Any one can make a game, Not everyone can make a good game.

Blame the dev not the tool.