Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there a pack or individual sets of darker doom monsters in a similar style to the Imp from Eternal Doom, or the Pain Elemental from Epic?

I have seen that mod, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. Everything in there seems to just take the Doom monsters & turn them black, which is bit beyond what I'm looking for, the same goes for most of the monsters of Realm667. I'm just looking for monsters that are a darker shade of brown so that they are a bit trickier to see in low light environments, I find that the pure black monsters work well in rooms filled with black or grey textures, but in most other colored rooms they stand out like a sore thumb. On the other hand I find that monsters that are just shaded darker are less visible in rooms of all colors.

If darker shaded monsters don't exist is there an easy way to make them darker myself or is someone capable of doing this with out much trouble, I don't have much experience at all with doing something like that & I know I can screw things up if I don't stay within Dooms color pallet. If not then it's not really that big of a deal, I might just put up with the black monsters if there are no other options.

SLADE3 has "Graphic -> Color Remap" feature, which you can use to recolor palettized sprites however you wish.

Alternatively, if you're making a wad for ZDoom, you can make DECORATE actor replacements for the stock monsters with custom color translations, this eliminates the need to reinclude the sprites into your wad.

scifista42 said:

SLADE3 has "Graphic -> Color Remap" feature, which you can use to recolor palettized sprites however you wish.

Okay thanks scifista, this is what I was looking for. I just have one question about using this though, is there a way speed up the process of changing the colors? For example say I want to make a darker Cyberdemon, I had a quick look at one frame & it's made up of over 60 different colors & I seem to be only able to change 1 color at a time. I'm just wondering if there is a way to change a bunch of colors at once, or if I am able to change that one color for all the cyberdemon frames at the same time? Or am I shit out of luck & I'll be changing over 3,000 colors just to make the cyberdemon a bit darker :(

Jaws In Space said:

I seem to be only able to change 1 color at a time.

Completely wrong.

1. You can block-select color ranges in both input palette and translated palette.
2. You can click on the + sign to add another color range translation, this way you can translate as many colors at once as you want.