Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pedro VC

Your favorite Blood levels?

SavageCorona said:

I noticed when setting up DarkXL there was an option for Blood but greyed out. Maybe they're hinting that it's a possibility or it was there before Atari said you're not allowed to?

Well then what's the case with outlaws?

The regular ones for a healthy adult male human.

SavageCorona said:

I noticed when setting up DarkXL there was an option for Blood but greyed out. Maybe they're hinting that it's a possibility or it was there before Atari said you're not allowed to?

The lucius guy who made the XL Engine said he was planning on supporting Blood. He also said he would open source the engine. But, predictably, he vanished off the face of the earth instead.

If u guys want another go at Blood 2 try out my mod. I think it really adds a lot to the game. If those couple of guys who gave it a 1 weren't trying to be complete jerks to me it would have had a much higher rating. The good people who played it absolutely love it and always say they can't play Blood 2 without it. Here's the link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-2-the-chosen-extra-crispy

Glad everyone else loves Blood! My favorite level has to be the one with The Shinning Reference, I forgot the name, and the whole first Episode.

The one that looks like a Haunted palace, very scary especially with it's Background Music , Doors open themselves suddenly, Candels light-up and self carried to the table . :o, The environment is so great .

SavageCorona said:

The Blood rights have been lost to time and general legal confusion. Like the fact 3D Realms sold it to Monolith to finish off the game while they work on Shadow Warrior and then they gave the rights to Atari for some reason so they published Blood 2 and now they're just lost. This is why there has been no official source port for Blood since nobody has the source code any more and reverse engineering takes a while. Basically wait for Atari to tell Monolith to make another Blood game since Interceptor, Apogee, Devolver or anyone else like that won't be able to come to its rescue.

As is often the case with people who don't check fact verification, 3D Realms never had anything to do with Blood's development, it's a popular rumour circulated from God knows where without any evidential material to enforce it as a fact.

I on the other hand interject that Blood was conceived by Nick Newhard via his Q-Studios corporation in 1994 (consisting of Nick Newhard, Peter Frees, Keven Kilstrom and Jay Wilson) who pitched the idea of a horror based FPS to Apogee and following it's approval it was scheduled to be published by 3D Realms. See original Q-Studios site dated: https://web.bloodline.eu/q_studios/

However during development Q-Studios merged with Monolith Productions who acquired the content and rights to Blood, 3D Realms sold the publishing rights to Monolith who then gave it to GT Interactive to publish. https://web.bloodline.eu/3drealms_blood_rights/

Why were the rights sold? Nothing to do with Shadow Warrior, as a matter of fact in the contents of the Blood Alpha which was leaked in February 1996, their is an interesting text file called 'GEORGE.txt' which details Q-Studios difficulties in dealing with Ken Silverman (creator of the BUILD engine) and a plan for terminating their business relationship with Apogee Software/3D Realms. https://tcrf.net/Proto:Blood/Alpha_Demo#Developers.27_Notes

Their was also a 3D Realms page advertising the game, but especially note the 'Blood developed by Monolith Productions & Q Studios. Published by 3D Realms.' https://web.bloodline.eu/3drealms_blood_page/

Avoozl said:

I really wish Atari wasn't so stingy by not allowing a source port to be made to run it seeing as it's still being sold, it's an old game for Christ's sake and needs to be able to run better. They never will get anything for the source codes.

Monolith didn't own the distribution rights to Blood when they sold it to GT Interactive 1997, GT always had reign over whether the source code would be made public or not, hence even if they wanted to release it back in the 1990's GT still held the strings. However Monolith did hold the creation rights, similarly to it's turbulent exchanging of the IP over the decade, Warner Bros owns the creation rights if the website is to be believed (http://lith.com/Games/Blood) while Atari has the distrubition rights but both parties would have to consent to a source code release so it's a dead man's dream.

The simple fact of the matter is a faceless, multi-sector corporation acquired the rights to a timeless classic rather than an actual gaming company, whose main interest is simply revenue stemming from the entertainment industry. But god forbid why Warner Bros entered the video game industry as they shouldn't belong their at all, especially with the recent controversy over Batman Arkham Knight's PC port which it is rumoured they knew the port was broken but released it anyway relying on the moronic, greedy ignorance of the masses to lap the game up anyway which fortunately backfired, if that doesn't indicate theire reputation towards the game industry nothing else will.

Vile said:

Thanks for sharing this! Death Wish has been awesome so far (up to E2M10)

Wow you were really ignorant of Death Wish existence up until now? May as well share these resources then:

BME's 2014 Blood map pack collection - 1650 maps - 285 authors
https://bloodline.eu/downloads-show-57

Bloodline downloads section:
https://bloodline.eu/downloads-3

Blood Freeminded map archive:
http://blood.freeminded.de/index.php

RTCM Blood downloads section:
http://www.dukertcm.com/knowledge-base/downloads-rtcm/blood-addons/

david_a said:

The lucius guy who made the XL Engine said he was planning on supporting Blood. He also said he would open source the engine. But, predictably, he vanished off the face of the earth instead.

That seems rather coincidental

GoatLord said:

Blood has an incredibly unique weapon set.

The hot-temperature inducing napalm launcher i presume? Or perhaps that shocking tesla cannon?
Or is that skull staff that steals life from your enemies aka the Life Leech?

VGames said:

If u guys want another go at Blood 2 try out my mod. I think it really adds a lot to the game. If those couple of guys who gave it a 1 weren't trying to be complete jerks to me it would have had a much higher rating. The good people who played it absolutely love it and always say they can't play Blood 2 without it. Here's the link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-2-the-chosen-extra-crispy

Oh yeah, i played your mod and it's awesome, love it, it fixes that damn issue with ammo, enemies being op and being bullet spoonges, thanks for the mod.
And i can't play Blood 2 without it, this is how Blood 2 should have been.

The whole episode 1 and the one with that Shinning reference, also those levels with monsters underwater are so tedious.
Oh and i love that shopping level and the bombing raid level aka The Siege.

J.B.R said:

The hot-temperature inducing napalm launcher i presume? Or perhaps that shocking tesla cannon?
Or is that skull staff that steals life from your enemies aka the Life Leech?

My favorite weapons have to be the Double-Barrel Shotgun, Napalm Launcher, and the Telsa Cannon. Oh, and the Skeleton Staff.

i liked a lot of the levels, and i got frustrated by a lot of the levels.

In general its a really unique game with an atmosphere and graphical style which can not be found anywhere else.

Tritnew said:

My favorite weapons have to be the Double-Barrel Shotgun, Napalm Launcher, and the Telsa Cannon. Oh, and the Skeleton Staff.

the voodo doll would be rather unique imho.

FireFish said:

i liked a lot of the levels, and i got frustrated by a lot of the levels.

In general its a really unique game with an atmosphere and graphical style which can not be found anywhere else.

the voodo doll would be rather unique imho.

Yeah, I like the Voodoo Doll too, I think the Weapons fit for a Blood DOOM Weapons Mod as well, It'd be cool.

SavageCorona said:

It's rude to talk about my nono parts like that

Oh, I'm so sorry. I'll be sure to talk about It In private. ;)

The Mall level :D
Need I say more?

Also hats off to the level Forgotten Catacombs for having the most "creative" mapname in Blood.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

The Train map, the Crystal Lake map and most of those city maps. Urban maps are always awesome(well, most of the time anyway)

This is true horrormovieguy.

Dark Carnival was totally my favorite. I forgot if this was part of the map or the next one but where you go inside a Clown's mouth and the inside is all organic, that was freaky cool.

"Ticket Please"

"Hey Stop him, he didn't pay!"

Worthy of the skeleton thread.

*Edit Clown, not Clone sorry.

Even Death May Die from the original game, and Death Wish from 2011, hands down the single greatest mapset ever made for an FPS.

Chezza said:

Dark Carnival was totally my favorite. I forgot if this was part of the map or the next one but where you go inside a Clone's mouth and the inside is all organic, that was freaky cool.

There's a whole section later on in the game I think in Episode 4 where you're inside the belly of the beast or something like that and it's basically a level set inside the internal organs of some giant monster. Many shit jokes ensue.

SavageCorona said:

There's a whole section later on in the game I think in Episode 4 where you're inside the belly of the beast or something like that and it's basically a level set inside the internal organs of some giant monster. Many shit jokes ensue.

Look's like there's some evil coming out of that hole.

In The Flesh was easily the weakest map in the original Blood. TBH I didn't care for most of Dead Reckoning either as it was all over the place whereas the other episodes had a theme.

What I find kind of ironic that (in my opinion) sunstorm interactive who made Cryptic Passage made better levels than the actual developers of the game. That's a little embarrassing when you think about it.

In my opinion, Thin Ice was the worst level. Cultists sniping you even when you're underwater, some ridiculous jump puzzles and overall feel of empty level design. Hall of Epiphany was also pretty lame for a final boss map.

nxGangrel said:

What I find kind of ironic that (in my opinion) sunstorm interactive who made Cryptic Passage made better levels than the actual developers of the game. That's a little embarrassing when you think about it.

It makes me feel If 3D Realms had worked on the first episode's levels though, because I find the first episode to be a hell of alot more playable.