Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys check out my new map! It's still in the rough stages, but I think it has potential.

Over the next few days I'm planning to add not only some awesomeness and greatness but also some amazingness and the all-important world-class-ness.

sesalpinogamer, the point is that those shots aren't really conveying anything interesting about the project, except maybe the "foolish mortals" line. You need to be a bit more along than that. If you have the rough layout planned out already, you could post a picture of that.

Sigh. Well, I guess that technically it is development even though the majority of all sane people will disagree to that. But you still have to ask yourself if it's helping your cause or not. And that question is pretty fucking easy to answer.

Just a guess here.Should i make a very small level,try making it good,sending to you guys and you say if it is terrible or not?Because i will kinda know about what you like and don't

Wow, this thread sure is something.

All joking aside, I support you in your efforts to make a 25 level zdoom megawad, sesalpinogamer.

Of course, before posting things about it, you should at least have some of the maps done and screenshots available.

Also, before creating a finalized megawad, have a beta testing thread, where other Doomworlders can try out your maps and give their insights. This can be key in finding and fixing bugs, improving gameplay, etc.

And don't worry about using zdoom. Yes, it is more complex than vanilla or boom mapping, but I also find it the most fun thing to map with. Just remember that zdoom isn't to everyone's taste.

obake said:

Wow, this thread sure is something.

All joking aside, I support you in your efforts to make a 25 level zdoom megawad, sesalpinogamer.

Of course, before posting things about it, you should at least have some of the maps done and screenshots available.

Also, before creating a finalized megawad, have a beta testing thread, where other Doomworlders can try out your maps and give their insights. This can be key in finding and fixing bugs, improving gameplay, etc.

And don't worry about using zdoom. Yes, it is more complex than vanilla or boom mapping, but I also find it the most fun thing to map with. Just remember that zdoom isn't to everyone's taste.

Best post here so far.

It's hard to tell from the angle whats going on with your 3d floor but it looks to me like you need to readjust floor/ceiling heights on your control sector. Also, if it's sitting on the ground, you can use walls coming up from the ground to make the shed's walls.

ALL of the comments here need to be listened to. Such as that people are put off by seeming-laziness. Now there are still those who genuinely like to help, but don't advertise your laziness. If something is undone, let it be undone because you were torn between 2 really cool options and wanted to see which one others would prefer. Otherwise were all gonna get the impression rdwpa referenced.

Also, I for one prefer zDoom for mapping simply because of map spots, which exponentially raises the complexity that gameplay can offer.

*Edit* spell check >.<

Hey people!I decided to make a really basic and very very very short and easy map to see if you like my "style".If you really like it,it will be Diversity's eleventh map.

Regarding ZDoom's 3d floors, I would recommend installing this GZDB plugin. Just watch the tutorial videos and experiment with it. I've managed to put together some pretty complex structures that just wouldn't have been possible if I had to set up all the 3d control sectors by hand.

Having said that, if you're a new mapper I would forget all the fancy 3d stuff and just concentrate on the basics. You can always move on to the more complex stuff later. Just my opinion though.

Dave The Daring said:

Regarding ZDoom's 3d floors, I would recommend installing this GZDB plugin. Just watch the tutorial videos and experiment with it. I've managed to put together some pretty complex structures that just wouldn't have been possible if I had to set up all the 3d control sectors by hand.

Having said that, if you're a new mapper I would forget all the fancy 3d stuff and just concentrate on the basics. You can always move on to the more complex stuff later. Just my opinion though.

Thanks for the plugin,i'll give it a try.Also,the map is already done,exept there are only details in the first room and there are no monsters or anything,just plain rooms,with nothing inside,i will stop for something like an hour now,i need to take a shower and i plan into playing some happy wheels,after that i give you the map,but,the FULL map will only be avaible in the night or tomorrow,'cuz the control area will be pretty detailed.Basically,in this level you are in a Hi-Tech Lab that works with toxic stuff and the demons made a mess with it nukage there,all you need to do is navigate trough the control room until you find the toxin control (Purification) device,activated by a lever,you activate it,done.You start with a nice view of the control area,there is the blue key too,which leads to the storage room,there,you kill a "Key guardian" (Cacodemon) and get the red key,that leads to the experiments area,a bunch of computers and some tables,there you get the yellow key which leads to the control room,however,in this version there is a invisible wall instead of a locked door so no one can enter the empty room without cheats such has IDCLIP.Note that i suck at texturing so the entire thing have only a few textures to make it easier (Around 15),and to finish it off,you only get a shotgun from a fellow dead marine in the start,even with that and not much ammo,this level is pretty easy because it mainly have former humans and sargeants,imps and the cacodemon.

If your "style" is making halfassed rooms and defending them as "in progress" your megawad will be megabad.

zap610 said:

If your "style" is making halfassed rooms and defending them as "in progress" your megawad will be megabad.

Nah,it is more making vivid and detailed stuff

sesalpinogamer said:

Nah,it is more making vivid and detailed stuff

Then prove it

zap610 said:

Then prove it

I am making a very short and simple map now,but so that people can tell me what i do and what i don't,you will have to wait

sesalpinogamer said:

I am making a very short and simple map now,but so that people can tell me what i do and what i don't,you will have to wait

Oh wait!Even better!Do it yourself!It's not like you are a professional map maker,you are probaly searching for cool wads.

SavageCorona said:

If that square with a bunch of clipping Cyberdemons is what you're making, I'm gonna tell you just don't do anything.

It wasn't me lol,it was another guy that made that for a joke.

sesalpinogamer said:

Oh wait!Even better!Do it yourself!It's not like you are a professional map maker,you are probaly searching for cool wads.

Are you arguing with yourself?

zap610 said:

Are you arguing with yourself?

I am talking with you,but it's not that i am different,thing is,i try to make the wads i want to play,even tough the community chest series is dang awesome

sesalpinogamer said:

It wasn't me lol,it was another guy that made that for a joke.

I think he was more taking the piss. I was also genuinely concerned that's what you're making judging what you've already made.

SavageCorona said:

I think he was more taking the piss. I was also genuinely concerned that's what you're making judging what you've already made.

I will prove you are wrong with DA POWAR OF THE UNFINISHED TABLE!
http://imgur.com/gSbCbhi
It is awesome isn't it?Even have a computer!

This may not be exactly the aesthetic you're going for but computers tend to look better like this

If you're going for that early 2000s PC look, having the monitor just be a flat block with some squares as a keyboard isn't the best look.

sesalpinogamer said:

It is awesome isn't it?Even have a computer!

What's next? A toilet?!

He might even figure out mirrors next!

I don't know what country you're from where toilets look like that but they look a bit more like this to most other people

SavageCorona said:

He might even figure out mirrors next!

I don't know what country you're from where toilets look like that but they look a bit more like this to most other people

http://i.imgur.com/JLwafaA.png

I am from Brazil and toilets look like you posted,however,it looks more like a toilet with the closed thingy than a chair.