Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lazygecko

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata passes away

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150713e.pdf

Nintendo Co., Ltd. deeply regrets to announce that President Satoru Iwata passed away on July 11, 2015 due to a bile duct growth

For those who don't know he had been undergoing cancer treatment recently, but there wasn't much indication of it being this serious.The death of beloved high profile people just keep piling up these past couple of months, unfortunately.

What a shame. I don't know much about him, but to die at age 55 just sucks. RIP

the_miano said:

What a shame. I don't know much about him, but to die at age 55 just sucks. RIP

I'd figured he'd have been older.

RIP, sorry to hear this.
The world is changing so fast and I wish it wouldn't.

I have a feeling Youtubers will take this opportunity to be happy. This is the man that with the 3DS "failure" took a massive pay cut. The "failure" in the long term has still resulted in 54 million 3DS sold. Then again after the WiiU failure last year.

Long live Nintendo and the Japanese concept of failure still being a huge success.

Are more high profile people dying, or are there more high profile people to die?

I wasn't too familiar with Satoru Iwata, but I was aware of him as the President of Nintendo. It's surprising how he went so fast as it is sad too, and I wasn't aware that he had cancer. He made a huge impact on the gaming industry, and I'm not sure how Nintendo will do now that he's gone. But hopefully Nintendo will pull through, and I'm sure that they will acknowledge his death on the official website and Twitter soon. After all, Apple Inc. did so when Steve Jobs died. My condolences go to his friends and family.

Fuck man, call me paranoid/superstitious, but this almost feels like a beginning of the end of some kind. I half expect to see other industry mainstays pass away during the following year at this rate. That's probably just me being crazy, so let's hope I'm wrong about this and it's just me being crazy.

I can't believe he was only 55... But then again, usually the presidents of these Japanese corporations are old enough for their birth certificates to be confused for feudal artifacts while at the same time looking less than half the age your grandpa did in old home movies from when you were 3. It's a wonder they're not all actually vampires or something.

Ahh! First news that Doomworld host is shutting down and now this? What the hell? Feels like the end of a gaming era of sorts and I don't like it :/