Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
tomatoKetchup

Does anybody have Eternal dehacked file?

Hi all,

I'm currently playing Team TNT's Eternal III megawad, but I noticed something recently, there is supposed to be a dehacked file with it but I don't have it.

I got the .zip file from their official website, and I think there's a shell (ESHELL.exe), that you need to install to extract the .deh file. Problem is, my computer run on a 64-bit version of Windows and the shell is only x-86 compatible.

I checked /idgames and the content is the same. I also googled the file but got no result.

So I was wondering of anybody here had the game and especially it's .deh file that he could send me.

Thanks in advance!

This interests me too. I remember not long ago that I installed Eternal with Dosbox but I haven't found any sign of the dehacked, and in the Eternal shell I dont remember any option to extract the dehacked file.

Edit: I'm not very sure about this, that's just my speculation; maybe they didn't used the dehacked for Eternal Doom III, there's a file called Eternal.lev which contains the levels names, they used some other method. And none of the txt files mention the dehacked.

tomatoKetchup said:

I got the .zip file from their official website, and I think there's a shell (ESHELL.exe), that you need to install to extract the .deh file. Problem is, my computer run on a 64-bit version of Windows and the shell is only x-86 compatible.

Try running it in DOSBox...

And if all the patcher does is changing the level names...

Gez said:

Try running it in DOSBox...

And if all the patcher does is changing the level names...

Wait, is that all this dehacked does? If so, you could easily remake it.

SavageCorona said:

You can use DOSBox to run installation programs too. It's for every DOS program not just emulating games.

DOSBox has a clear emphasis on games and its developers will regularly tell off people who want to run some old version of Wordperfect and have printer support or whatever odd non-gaming use.

But something like a small dedicated game launcher for a Doom mod, like eshell, should work.

I was also interested in the intermission texts. It's probably not great literature but I'm a tad stickler about these things when I play a game.

I'll give a go with DOSbox, but I'm surprised nobody here has the game already installed on the computer and can confirm me there's such a file.

I'm not 100% sure there's a deh but when I googled it and found a mention of a ETERNAL.deh in a setup tutoriel, so I'm confident about its existence.

Found it! It's not present in the files of the installed game by dosbox. It's on Idgames, uploaded by Rich Nagel separately. Link.
Searching on google for eternal.deh I found this, on the second page. From there I searched for that ed3-deh on Idgames to see if it was there.

gaspe said:

Found it! It's not present in the files of the installed game by dosbox. It's on Idgames, uploaded by Rich Nagel separately. Link.
Searching on google for eternal.deh I found this, on the second page. From there I searched for that ed3-deh on Idgames to see if it was there.

Man you're a genuis! Thanks a lot :D

Still, crazy that nowadays it's still that hard to find the wad and it's deh packaged and delivered together.

tomatoKetchup said:

Man you're a genuis! Thanks a lot :D

Still, crazy that nowadays it's still that hard to find the wad and it's deh packaged and delivered together.

No worries :)
It's a problem of many old wads with dated installation methods. Also with Strain I had to search a bit for its dehacked file to play it.

...WELL, THAT WAS WORTH THE EFFORT..... -___-'

And the others too...