Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LucaH97

Doom Multiplayer SourcePort PPC?

Hello everybody,
My question is: Is there a multiplayer(lan) sourceport of doom available for Windows, Linux, Intel Mac and PowerPC Mac? I'm planing a lan party with alot of people and all of these Os's and hardware configs will be there, so I need something compatible with them all. For quake I found that EZQuake works well on all, but how about doom?
Can you guys help me out, I'd really appreciate it :D

Since you said LAN, ZDoom's multiplayer will probably suit your needs well. (Can't remember if Edward850 lifted the 8 player limit yet or not though if that matters.) It supports all of those platforms. Be sure to grab the latest dev version. It should have the best PowerPC Mac support out of any modern source port since it doesn't use SDL. However, PowerPC support isn't widely tested so I don't know if there are any compatibility issues that remain to be resolved.

I have heard reports that people have compiled Zandronum for PowerPC successfully. I should get around to checking that since I do have a PowerPC Mac now. Needless to say it is completely untested if it does work.

Blzut3 said:

Since you said LAN, ZDoom's multiplayer will probably suit your needs well.

Thanks, I'll give it a try :)