Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

I want to know of other WWII based shooting games FPS or TPS for PC I should try

Firstly I have already played the following:
Medal of Honor Allied Assault and mission packs, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, CoD 1 + mission pack to 2 and World at War, Hidden and Dangerous 2, The Saboteur, Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30 and Hells Highway, Medal of Honor Pacific Assault, Medal of Honor Airborne, and of course also Wolf 3D and Spear of Destiny.

I don't so much care for the Battlefield games since they are mostly multiplayer based.

Is there any other good ones that I haven't played already which I should try?

I quite enjoyed Sniper Elite V2. It's a third person shooter but quite fun to mess around in and shoot Nazis in the head. You get some sweet kill cams as well, here's some demo footage:

Ah yes I haven't played any of the Sniper Elite games and wasn't aware of them being WWII based, I could always give them a go, thanks.

ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Bloodrayne, but only the first one (and not if you're only looking for realistic style ones).

Well yeah I did mention Return to Castle Wolfenstein and The Saboteur in there so you're right I'm not looking primarily for realistic games, however I have been meaning to try the Bloodrayne games regardless of whether they are WWII based or not so yeah it could count.

Avoozl said:

I don't so much care for the Battlefield games since they are mostly multiplayer based.

Why? The only WWII-themed one was Battlefield 1942 (Trilogy, if you could Road To Rome and Secret Weapons as separate games), and it does have a single-player mode. Back in the day where a Tualatin Pentium III was a luxury, nobody dared give 25% CPU time to the AI...but today it's doable. The AI still isn't anything to write home about, but you get to use a lot of cool vehicles, which makes it worthwhile IMO. Just avoid getting into sniping contexts with the bots: they will bag you from well beyond your visual range.

You could play Wolfenstein 2009, it can be fun but the voice acting and a lot of the story stuffs is just so bland - and it's a short game too. I recommend you download a gameplay mod to fix some of the minor annoyances about the gameplay.

Medal of Honor Frontline I remember being pretty cool.

Haven't played this one but I heard Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines is a pretty hardcore tactical WW2 game

There's always the old Call of Duty games but I haven't played them really. I do own Call of Duty World at War though, multiplayer can be pretty fun way to spend a few hours on a hardcore server.

SuperCupcakeTactics said:

You could play Wolfenstein 2009

Yeah I forgot to mention that one, I have played it a number of time already at least 4 and just can't touch it anymore.

SuperCupcakeTactics said:

There's always the old Call of Duty games but I haven't played them really. I do own Call of Duty World at War though, multiplayer can be pretty fun way to spend a few hours on a hardcore server.

I already mentioned CoD but honestly I haven't really enjoyed that series as much as the other WWII based games I have already mentioned. The only CoD game I remember even remotely enjoying was Finest Hour but unfortunately it has no PC port.

I used to play WaW multiplayer for a bit but I only really enjoyed playing the Nazi Zombies mode with others, I didn't really find WaW that enjoyable as a whole. Honestly I didn't even like hardcore mode, I rather would use a crosshair than not, I did shamefully stuck a fake one to my monitor this one time ages ago while playing though.

Get a PSX emulator and check out the original Medal of Honor (1999) and Medal of Honor: Underground.