Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Annunakitty

Doom. It runs doom.

NoXion said:

I notice there are no monster sounds. Why is that?

The real player doesn't hear them. When the action moves closer to the real player's position on the map, you can hear the monsters, albeit from the wrong directions.

This almost reminds me of "Being John Malkovich".

Actually, it's much more creepy than a lot of deliberate ZDoom creepypasta. Control slipping from the player and into the arcade machine....it LOOKS like Doom, and yet, in some way, it isn't. The sound is not right, the controls are off, you can't change weapons, you don't bob....and at a certain point you find and shoot yourself in the back, only to discover, during your death facing, that nobody was there. O_o

Congrats on the second article.

Linguica said:

Game websites are shockingly lazy. When a bunch of places wrote about Instadoom, basically the only one that really did any original research into their story was the Huffington Post of all places.

ArsTechnica seemed pretty thorough with their article regarding OP's mod.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/07/doomception-how-modders-got-doom-to-run-inside-of-doom/

Camera texture - no. On the other hand, changed camera view always lets you hear sounds from the camera's position.

Games "journalists" find content for their articles on Doomworld. I've seen two articles about this now.

geo said:

Games "journalists" find content for their articles on Doomworld. I've seen two articles about this now.

TBH I saw it on Tumblr first, I wouldn't be too flattered. It's already been making the social media rounds this so might not have been where these internet article writers saw it.

Perhaps but there are several journalists that find it on Doomworld and make an article about it.

I want to see a terminal in Doom3:BFG that loads Vanilla Doom3 with a terminal that opens GZdoom, which has a terminal inside that runs normal old ZDoom, with a terminal that runs vanilla doom, with an arcade cabinet with a damn convincing animated texture of Doom being played.

When Doom4 comes out someone needs to put a terminal in it that does all of this. And more.

potnop said:

I wonder if hitting stop on the microwave would've just been a better idea.

It’s easier when you’re not under the gun. You can take your time to consider options. Actually, I thought about that, too, but maybe he was afraid that whatever was in microwave could explode anyway because of some process inside that has already started.

Glaice said:

Seeing Doom in Doom makes me think of this:

Yo dawg, I heard you liked Doom. So we put Doom in your Doom so you can Doom while you Doom

EDIT: Ugh, nevermind, I should learn to read other people's replies before posting my own :P

Krazov said:

I guess there wasn’t many games that allow to play themselve within them.

Well...

Though rather than the game allowing you to play the game itself within itself, it's more like you play within yourself.

Now that I think about it, the concept would also lend itself well to a "recursive Doom": each enemy, each object would be a level in itself, including the player itself, and you can "enter" anything, alter it from the inside (by killing/picking stuff up, I guess), with the purpose of reaching higher levels of yourself. And stuff.

OH NO! I'm turning into a GoatLord :-(

Maes said:

Now that I think about it, the concept would also lend itself well to a "recursive Doom": each enemy, each object would be a level in itself, including the player itself, and you can "enter" anything, alter it from the inside (by killing/picking stuff up, I guess), with the purpose of reaching higher levels of yourself. And stuff.

“Nirvana” could be much better level then.

The OP might want to mention that the "Doom in Doom" thing was made by TheZombieKiller, his thread on the project is here.

As for why he hasn't brought it up here yet? Well apparently he tried to register here two years ago and after two years he still hasn't got the confirmation email.

From thread mentioned above:

(“Wolfenstein 3D” within “Doom” within “Doom”).

rdwpa said:

lol looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the hot cyberdemon ass

That hot, steamy, voluptuous Cyberdemon ass.