Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zulk RS

Imgur Troubles

I recently tried to upload to JPEG images to imgur for a blog post. But It kept saying failed to upload.

I have a total of 86 images.

Help.

Try to disable the browser plugins when you upload. What browser are you using?

gaspe said:

Try to disable the browser plugins when you upload. What browser are you using?

Mozilla Firefox

EDIT: I did what you said. It still won't work.

How are you trying to upload? Are you using the dialogue and navigating to the files or dragging and dropping onto the imgur page?

Are you trying to upload all 86 at one go? Are you able to upload a single file? Are you able to upload smaller groups of files?

imgur commonly has traffic issues. It might just be worth waiting and trying again.

Enjay said:

How are you trying to upload? Are you using the dialogue and navigating to the files or dragging and dropping onto the imgur page?

Are you trying to upload all 86 at one go? Are you able to upload a single file? Are you able to upload smaller groups of files?

imgur commonly has traffic issues. It might just be worth waiting and trying again.

I think I created some confusion. I have 86 images on imgur already. These were uploaded over a period of 7 months.

I'm currently trying to upload 1 image (JPEG) to imgur using the dialogue and navigating to the file.

So yeah... I'm not able to upload anything. It just says "Processing" and then " <filename>.JPEG upload failed" or something to that tone.

I'd post a screenshot... But imgur won't let me upload.

Have you tried a different file just by way of a test? Perhaps there is something odd with that particular file? I just tried and it's working for meâ„¢.

Funny enough, I've had problems with the site when not using Firefox. It seems to be nearly broken on Chrome for me.

You can convert all those images to a more efficient format, like .jpg, or anything other than .jpeg. There are programs out there which will batch convert a huge folder of image files into another format, very easy to do.

Here is a very easy one to use: PIXresizer. I figured out how to use all the essential components in less than 5 minutes. It was very useful to me 4 years ago.

TheCupboard said:

You can convert all those images to a more efficient format, like .jpg, or anything other than .jpeg...

Ummm... JPEG and JPG are the same thing. I think the main reason for the JPG extension existing is because of the old DOS 8.3 file name format.

Anyway, as he said, he already has most of his images online. It's the newer ones that are causing problems.

As a long, maybe-not-worth-it workaround, you could get the imgur app on your phone, upload the pics to your phone, then upload them on the app, which is what I do. Mostly because my comp is not connected to the internet, but I've never had problems uploading stuff to imgur from my phone since I started using it.

I tried to upload again this morning. This time I created a new album. I was able to upload again.

Don't know what the problem was though.

The problem seems clear: Too much traffic on their part of the service (too many people using their service at the same time). Sometimes you just need to wait and try again a few hours later.

Yeah, imgur often has traffic problems. Sometimes there will be difficulty simply accessing the site for browsing purposes. At other times uploading can be difficult even if the site seems to be working and the error messages (if you get one at all) are minimalist and usually not very helpful in identifying the exact problem.