Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voltcom9

Seeking Ultimate Doom maps

I am looking to assemble a pack of Ultimate Doom maps (however many are submitted) which provide a challenge but are somewhat short and could be played during a coffee break. Although, I have not posted a map I'll work on one and post it in a couple days.

I don't particularly care if your maps have perfect texture alignments, just make your map (or maps) original and provide good gameplay.

Anyways, if anyone would be interested in mapping for this it'd be appreciated.
If no one is interested, well that's fine too. I'm not really looking to make a MEGAWAD or anything, just to see some cool new Ultimate Doom maps.

Rules for map submissions are as follows:

-Maps are meant to be Ultimate Doom compatible
-ZDoom compatible
-keep maps relatively short
-Custom textures, skies, flats are optional
-Use whatever theme you'd like

Ya man. I have recently been on a real Ultimate Doom kick and have noticed that there really aren't that many Ultimate Doom wads out there. Compared to Doom2 wads anyways. So yeah, I'm looking to see some ZDoom maps for Ultimate Doom, if anyone would be interested in creating a map it'd be appreciated.

I guess it doesn't really matter. I suppose it could be for Doom 2. Really, I just prefer playing using the parameters of the original Doom game.

Yay, Magnusblitz, you're probably right. I also thought he wanted recommendations, and was about to post Coffee Break. :)

The misunderstanding probably happens due to the word "Seeking" in the thread title. I've read the original post only briefly, and other people apparently did the same.

Thanks. Yes I guess I probably should have been a little clearer in the title. Yes I am looking for mappers to create Ultimate Doom maps.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I played through both maps and enjoyed them quite a bit.

The maps were short and concise, they had balanced placement of weapons, health and enemies. In Thicker than Water, I could only find one secret of the four but I loved the layout of that map. I actually quite liked the gorewall teleport to the snakeskin area, it definitely was a change of pace from the tech base motif of the map.

Hydroponics was also quite good but in more of an E1M1 style of gameplay. I like maps like these. I didn't actually get the secret chainsaw outside, until I'd killed everybody on map lol.

Thanks again.