Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
msm0220

A question about the Cyberdemon

btw is the Cyberdemon a boss or a enemy,because me and my friend are have a talk about it and what to know for sure

"He" can make your wildest dreams come true... just as "he" is whatever you want him to be.

The term "Cybersex" was actually coined after many interweb fetish groups seeking to become intimate with a "Cyberdemon".

Tru story.

guys this about whatever the Cyberdemon a boss or an enemy not anything else DeXiaZ got the point right here

msm0220 said:

guys this about whatever the Cyberdemon a boss or an enemy not anything else DeXiaZ got the point right here

Fine.

in DOOM 1... it's a boss.

in DOOM 2... it's an enemy.

in DOOM 3... it's a boss.

...better?

rdwpa said:

All the enemies can be bosses. Context is what's important.

Give that zombieman a BFG and you have a boss.

msm0220 said:

geo this is about the Cyberdemon a boss or a enemy not the zombieman

That's correct, yes. The Cyberdemon is a boss or enemy and is not the zombieman.

esselfortium said:

The Cyberdemon is a boss or enemy and is not the zombieman.

msm0220 said:

But someone posted that photo :-(

Anyway, nah I think cyberdemon is only a boss on e2m8. Everywhere else he's just an enemy.

Doom has less differentiation between "regular" enemies and bosses than, for example, Wolf 3D, where certain bosses end the episode on being killed (regardless of circumstances), and all of them in general follow slightly different rules than regular enemies.

It's all about the situation - you can put a Cuberdemon (or a Spider) in any level you wish, yet you have to keep in mind that their death causes certain effects (especially on E2M8, E3M8 and E4M8).

Same goes for Baron of Hell.

I think Quake is in the same situation, though there are a few special cases to consider, like the special function for killing the first boss (Chthon) being specifically hardcoded to work only on E1M7, or the final boss requiring a telefrag to kill.

msm0220 said:

And then geo was a boss zombieman?

Well done Technician, performing to your expected cultural repetoire. You're lucky I was F5'ing other imageboards tonight.

Look... It#s Simple.. Wow... It's So Fricken Simple... I Can't Believe You'd Ask Such A Simple Question....

Maybe... You're Mind Is Too Simple Too Figure It Out....

How Does It Feel To Be Owned.... >:)

He's a RIVAL.

That's worse than being just a boss.

Also the Spider Mastermind is actually a metaphor for Doomguy's mommy issues.

So the zombieman is the cyber rival adversary nemesis enemy boss OF DOOM?

Kinda like the Doom monsters are demonic hellish diabolical alien demon devil mutant extraterrestrial monsters FROM SPACE!?

Considering he's a steroidal imp with an explosive fireball I count him as an enemy. He wanders about, fires off some shots which you can easily move out of the way of and repeats. You just beat him by moving sideways and shooting a BFG at him. He's barely a boss in my book.