Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dylanblitz

New singleplayer screenshots

Shit yeah that's what I'm talkin about! Those first 2 screens should convince all those fools that were saying this game had a yellow piss filter on it. God those guys were annoying.

2nd screen: Calling it! It's a laser cannon. Similar to the warped former humans we saw in the E3 demo. You heard it hear folks.

This is what I like to see! :D

Please post large versions too. I want to mercilessly pick everything apart.

Well there's no red hell now that's for certain. Can't say that I'm all that fond of the dull monotonous shades of grey and brown in the first screen.

Well I only dislike the level of colour and nothing done to break up the monotony so much, this is only really one minor aspect of the game.

I absolutely love this renderer.
Notice how relatively few geometrical details are present in this shot:

If you have a good eye for color and spaces, the renderer will take care of making things look good. The lighting *seems* to be pretty dynamic and runtime based, rather than Doom3's designtime handholding. That is a guess though.

The surfaces look excellent. It could very well be the more modern physical approach perhaps with something like Lambert for diffuse BRDF and Cook-Torrance for specular.

It (once again) *seems* like you can feed this engine with a box room and have it look good with minimal effort. Something that is absolutely impossible in Doom3 (Idtech4).

The first shot gives me some Darkest Dungeon vibes. It just feels so cold and gloomy, I love it.

Also, interesting to note the cacodemon seems to consistently have a particularly maniacal look in both shots that contrasts what we've seen so far ("Lazy" cacodemon anyone?). Makes me wonder if they're tweaking the game as they are receiving feedback...

Yeah, but you don't have to limit it to only 3 colours max to make a gloomy atmosphere, a little more but also dark colours rather than just brown, red and grey.

A clear view of the Imp! I really like the design and the greenish colour scheme.

What is that weapon? A grenade launcher?

Ah I think the dullness works well. Almost dreamlike, the sapped listless visuals make what rare vivid colors there are really stand out. And again, the palette reminds me of Darkest Dungeon, and I like Darkest Dungeon, so I like it. Even kind of reminds me of Doom 64 in a way, all the assets are super desaturated so they take better to being tinted by the environment.

Noiser said:

Why is so difficult to realize that people have different opinions and anyone is entitled to not like what they saw? Jeez...

He didn't like seeing people go on about piss filters, it was annoying. That is his opinion.

The first two pictures Marnetmar posted are absolutely fantastic. Well, they ALL are, but especially that first one - it's jaw droppingly detailed and hellish in all the best ways possible. It effectively conveys that "cold" deep canyon feeling while also keeping the intimidation level at an absolute max. Those are some mean looking monsters, and I love it!

Eris Falling said:

Heh, did no-one notice that we're finally getting a proper look at the BFG in this one?

I remember that the BFG looked different, more solid/boxy at the front part.

Take a look at the end of the hell video, it's clearly not the BFG.

Holy shit that's true. Also, regarding these screenshots, no chance for a higher resolution like the ones before?

Among the numerous signs on the weapon's surface, I don't see a "BFG" sign. It also seems different than the BFG in the Hell gameplay video - but kind of similar too.

Tetzlaff said:

I remember that the BFG looked different, more solid/boxy at the front part.

Take a look at the end of the hell video, it's clearly not the BFG.

All the weapons have been shown to have alternate firing modes. There are noticeable similarities between this weapon and the BFG, particularly the main cannon being somewhat shielded in the centre. I'd say this is either a less powerful firing mode, or its normal state, as in that it opens up when it's charged. There's nothing else it can be

(also zooming in shows that "Rotary Charge Cell" is written on the gun, which also is a strong indicator IMO)

EDIT: Also same shot, what exactly are those monsters immediately in front of the cyberdemon? Left one looks like an arch-vile (might just be a hell knight actually), the right one looks like something new entirely..

The one in the left is definitely an Imp, the other on the right is one of the newest demons introduced, similar to the hell-knight in that they die as easily.

A hell knight that looks actaully a bit like a hellish knight :)

@ Eris Falling: it could be an entirely different weapon. There are new weapons, it's not just remakes of the original Doom guns. Though the idea with the powerd-up weapon / different firing modes sounds also interesting.

Damn straight!

This game is now game of the decade, period. Now if only the loadouts wont fuck up the multiplayer side of the game, then i will be extremely happy.

Maybe it's the "static cannon"

http://www.pcgamer.com/hands-on-dooms-coolest-new-gun-is-powered-by-sprinting/

"The most interesting weapon so far is the Static Cannon, a slow-firing beam rifle that recharges its batteries off of static generated by sprinting. In order to use the Static Cannon effectively, I had to sprint and aim for headshots at the same time. If you’re the type of player who uses a no-scoped sniper rifle as a crude one-shot-kill machine, the Static Cannon will be your kind of deal. Even worse, the Static Cannon slowly drains charge if you ever stand still. The message Doom sends to players is absolutely clear: this is not a game for stopping and thinking."

honestly I think that kind of weapon fits multiplayer only, and somehow sounds like something out of Unreal Tournament

Where did all these screens come from?

Also see the that Cyberdemon looks not as big as we thought. I hope this means that he will not just be a boss monster but a regular behemoth.

Also, we have another shot of that Mystery demon with an arm cannon. Any speculations?

Zemini said:

Also, we have another shot of that Mystery demon with an arm cannon. Any speculations?

My guess it's just a hell-equivalent of the former human, perhaps bit tougher.

It is also the same demon that has a glowing spine. We see him a couple times in the Hell trailer. I hope he is something different. But if it is a Enslaved Strogg variant, then can we except variants/skins of other monsters?

Doom is looking better and better. I like the cavernous images of Hell and the techbase stuff is looking great as well.