Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IronDoomer

Thoughts on Doom Panel

First of all let me go ahead and say that I am DoomKid123, I decided to make this new account because my old one was screwing up.

Now here's my thoughts

To be honest I thought the doom panel was a disappointment, the reason why is because the employees from id didn't show anything new or explain anything new, all they did was explain some things that we already new from the footage and tell us why it was in the game. I was expecting them to at least show us one demo and tell us more about snapmap and the weapons to show how they really functioned but instead all we got was a one and a half hour talk about what the employees thought of the game and its content.

There was some things I thought were interesting like the questions the fans asked and how this new doom came to be.

I mean I was really excited for what this panel had to offer, I was constantly telling people how excited they were about the panel at quakecon but after walking out of the panel room I was pretty much feeling disappointed, I was also hopping would reveal stuff about the PC version of doom because do was made for the PC but they didn't and I was pretty much dissapointed after walking out of the panel room.

So overall because of how disappointing this panel was I'm starting to lose hope for the new doom, the only thing I liked about the new doom at quakecon was playing the multiplayer, I pretty much had a good time playing it (ignoring the crappy loadout idea).

Also all we got now are those 4 screenshots and that brief multiplayer footage video that I posted (The multiplayer footage has been copyright claimed).

Let's assume that Bethesda probably hold off permission on any new info since there were too much shown already. SnapMap will not allow asset tweaking and is for snaping maps only with game modes added...I don't think anything new should be said for the time being. No Co-op wich is fine for me...weapon loadout, well it sucks, but it is a compromise for console people, that's too obvious.

Complete waste of time aside from two Q&A questions regarding weapon loadouts and modding. Seriously, such a bore.

95% of the panel was already been said. I was expecting at least some concept art and talk about the enemies and weapons. how many fucking times do they have to establish that the game is "really fast and gory"?

For much of the time the panel sounded like excited kids who were allowed to play the game, not developers. I really cringe when I hear that Bruce Lee on a skateboard with a shotgun description. I'm not any less looking forward to the game but this was largely a waste of time to watch if you have already seen other talks.

Wait, so they did stream it? Son of a bitch.

More Q&A would've helped. It was also hard for me to follow what they were talking about because the stream kept dying and being choppy as fuck.

MFG38 said:

Wait, so they did stream it? Son of a bitch.

I saw it. Want to trade?
Seriously it was a 1.5 hour circlejerk of "It's fast!".

I'm still somewhat optimistic about the game, It looks nice etc. etc. This didn't change my view of the game, but holy crap was that a waste of time. I get that they are proud of the game, think it's fun and so forth. Nothing wrong about that, but the panel really was exceptionally uninteresting - even for a Doom fan.

Shaviro said:

I saw it. Want to trade?
Seriously it was a 1.5 hour circlejerk of "It's fast!".

I'm still somewhat optimistic about the game, It looks nice etc. etc. This didn't change my view of the game, but holy crap was that a waste of time. I get that they are proud of the game, think it's fun and so forth. Nothing wrong about that, but the panel really was exceptionally uninteresting - even for a Doom fan.

I agree. Oh well, at least we got some interesting information about loadouts and Snapmap.

If a game is so fast they need tar enemies to make the player slow and slime enemies to make the floor slick.

geo said:

If a game is so fast they need tar enemies to make the player slow and slime enemies to make the floor slick.

that would be interesting. maybe speed could be a more meaningful mechanic than just moving faster in general. maybe you could have an berzerk meter that built up through multikills and become faster and faster by skillfully dishing out rapid fire death. and there is that ut3 mutator where everything slows down around you the more kills you get... making the player feel like a badass is rarely a bad thing.

those sorts of things might encourage newbs to play the game right by provoking them to rush in and dodge around toe to toe which would yin yang with your ideas of challenging the player by taking away his speed or using it against him.

I feel bad for anyone that pissed away money going to QC this year. Last year they fucked over fans but cutting streams short for the game play reveal pissing of vast quantities of potential buyers. Then this year they offer nothing new.

Nineball said:

I feel bad for anyone that pissed away money going to QC this year. Last year they fucked over fans but cutting streams short for the game play reveal pissing of vast quantities of potential buyers. Then this year they offer nothing new.

Except the playable 6v6 TDM multiplayer alpha they let everyone play. But other than that, oh sure nothing new.

I thought it was ridiculous having THE ART GUY sitting on stage only giving gameplay tips and talking about his multiplayer skills.

So when they kept talking about how fast it was... did they say things like:

Its faster than any other modern shooter.
Its fast like a Lamborghini driving with the earth's rotation.
Its fast like a cheetah covered in grease.
Its fast like those women your mom warned you about.
When we say fast, we're talking about Doom 4 on Playstation 4.
Some companies like to use buzz words like MMO or micro transactions, we like to use plain simple words like fast.

Doom FPS Game make happy fun time for you maybe so

So basically the entire panel was a guy up on stage screaming "YEAH FAST" like Vinny's shitty Sonic impression?