Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IronDoomer

No co-op singleplayer

You may want to rethink that thread title. It's kind of hard for single-player to be co-op.

Good. Co-op games were overcrowding the market a couple years ago and I don't want another one.

I don't want to be spammed with 50 invites to play Doom 4 Dead from some cunt who only plays games like that saying HEY BRO WANNA PLAY DOOM 4 COOP IT'LL BE FUN LOL!!!!!

SavageCorona said:

Good. Co-op games were overcrowding the market a couple years ago and I don't want another one.

I don't want to be spammed with 50 invites to play Doom 4 Dead from some cunt who only plays games like that saying HEY BRO WANNA PLAY DOOM 4 COOP IT'LL BE FUN LOL!!!!!

That is a really weird reason to not want coop, a big feature in the original game.

I understand the reason for not having it for the campaign; games are a lot more scripted need more expensive and time consuming to make nowadays that a coop campaign needs a lot of extra time to be made correctly.

The original game didn't have Steamworks co-op and wasn't a Left 4 Dead clone which I'd imagine they would go for since 4 player co-op is all the rage nowadays.

SavageCorona said:

The original game didn't have Steamworks co-op and wasn't a Left 4 Dead clone which I'd imagine they would go for since 4 player co-op is all the rage nowadays.

The doom bible says the game was originally thought up as a (up to) 4 player game with each character having their own drawbacks and strengths.

Of course a lot of the bible didn't make it into the final game (character development, lol) but they did take the severed hand as a keycard idea from the bible for the quakecon demo...

It was Coop In '93 before afterall, I mean. There Isn't wave after wave, but It was still Coop, though I'd love If they added Coop In the Single-Player just for the Hell of It (no pun Intended), It'd be ALOT of Fun, but If I were to get bothered about It of course... I'd just say nicely that I wouldn't play, simple as that.

They should let xbone have co op in the campaign as a throwback to doom 3 2 consoles ago.

I think it'd actually be pretty fun to sit down with a friend and try to survive through random consumer-made maps. Good couch content.

Now, if they said no local coop, then I'd be unsatisfied.

Creating OpenCoop for Doom3 was a massive undertaking that took forever for the developers to do. So, I would certainly appreciate a coop mode in Doom 4.

A special playermade Coop campaign would be amazing. The more I think about Doom 4 modding the more I can't wait for the game.

DooM_RO said:

A special playermade Coop campaign would be amazing. The more I think about Doom 4 modding the more I can't wait for the game.

Same here, Imagine a DOOM II Remake for the new DOOM, all 32 Maps remastered and stuff, That'd be a dream come true right there.

Tritnew said:

Same here, Imagine a DOOM II Remake for the new DOOM, all 32 Maps remastered and stuff, That'd be a dream come true right there.

No, that would take too long to properly realize.

DooM_RO said:

No, that would take too long to properly realize.

I guess a DOOM 1 DLC or Fan-Made mod for It would do, Right?

Tritnew said:

I guess a DOOM 1 DLC or Fan-Made mod for It would do, Right?

DLC maybe but I am usually wary of fan-made remakes, unless the effort is obvious. You don't just slap a few prefabs in a weekend and call it a "remastered" Doom 2. The developers would need to be conscious of what does and what does not work in the new Doom. It would have to be like Black Mesa, not some crappy remake like Doom 3 Reborn. That's not good enough.

DooM_RO said:

DLC maybe but I am usually wary of fan-made remakes, unless the effort is obvious. You don't just slap a few prefabs in a weekend and call it a "remastered" Doom 2. The developers would need to be conscious of what does and what does not work in the new Doom. It would have to be like Black Mesa, not some crappy remake like Doom 3 Reborn. That's not good enough.

Yeah, I gotta agree right there. Though, I wouldn't mind DLC as Remakes of DOOM 1 and 2, That'd be great. It IS rumored that there'll be a DOOM 1 DLC In the works for the new DOOM, so Hopefully We'll see one.

How do people even know if the mod capabilities will allow us to mod it in? It might even need to be hard coded into the engine for it to work.

Avoozl said:

How do people even know if the mod capabilities will allow us to mod it in? It might even need to be hard coded into the engine for it to work.

Id will just have to confirm It sometime.

If they make really good mod / mapping tools then I'm fine with them putting the burden on the community for coop maps.
They should however release a couple of survival maps so we have something to play with day 1 (since we won't have mod tools yet) but I don't really care for an official remake of the original game's maps.

Respect where it's due but I've seen what the community mappers are capable of and it makes the original levels seem stale by comparison.
Plus it's almost a given somebody will decide to make them if id doesn't so I'd rather them make something new.