Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RonLivingston

About freedooms zandronum edited sprites

Most of those are edits and/or re-colours of Doom2 sprites, so it will take more than a bit of editing to render them eligible for a Freedoom-compatible license.

Here's a sheet of the Worm representing the blood demon from zandronum's engine as its freedoom counterpart

And The face with the doomsphere eyes as well.

Some zandronum sprites are edits of id's and would be better to have modified freedoom ones if freedoom iwads are used. This is actually a good idea.

Yeah I had made those back in 2011, so. I thought we could rename the zandronum minigun as an MP-40 since freedoom already has a minigun made from original material, I may would use todays minigun for its zandronum counterpart and replace the previous one.

the zandronum monsters probably need new sprites rather than recolors...

waiting for Soda to say everything should be an edit of the same sprite :p

Yeah, I even do have a combat slug and pain lord as the Belphegor and hectebus so, i think the combat slug re-color seems kind of low Quality i seen the red pain lord with a blue jet-pack before so. i think the hectebus needs new sprites.

Here's another sheet featuring the frames for the new and old sprites for zandronum as there freedoom counterparts, (the red armour is blue since the mega armour is red) I know we already have the doomsphere turbosphere and guardsphere that eriance made.

I don't know if these impaled marine frames would look good, and I might do a new impaled minigun zombie and pistol zombie heads.

RonLivingston said:

I don't know if these impaled marine frames would look good, and I might do a new impaled minigun zombie and pistol zombie heads.

I think it should be more gory, closer that:

But over-the top gory, with intestines popping out, etc... The impaling angle could higher too.

and the skin color is too fresh for a dead marine.

I did a zandro minigun representing freedooms new minigun from the original material.

I don't know why freedoom has 2 miniguns now, I think we should rename the zandro minigun as the mp-40 or double chaingun etc.

I also forgot the attic, if that pistol sound looks good for zandros minigun (double chaingun or mp-40)
https://github.com/freedoom/attic/blob/master/julian/sounds/dspistol.wav

You could probably call it a Mini Gatling Gun or so, but it would obviously be quite inaccurate to the weapon sprite. I don't know, but it's worth a shot.

Yes, the gatling Gun sounds like an okay name for zandro's minigun. still I think some frames need alittle resizing and maybe we would come up with any ideas for the railgun and the grenade launcher.

I felt like giving the minigun frankensprite a try:

The shading isn't very consistent, and the transition areas could be polished more I guess.

ah excellent idea, thanks for the frankensprite revamping, ofcorse I did have to make the old chaingun pickup sprite smaller so I thought I add a picture too it.

I should also make the retro firing frames large again

Updated version:

This uses a different Missile Launcher recolour which I think is a bit more accurate:

I've also darkened the chaingun a bit to reduce the contrast between the two parts.

[Edit] Since I'm still not satisfied with the results, I decided to do this the lazy way:

The handle can be on the other side as well:

very interesting recolor, I think this time we should come up with any ideas for a freedoom based railgun. also, I could use one of eriance's weapons as a grenade launcher, still I had to cover up this uac nonsence