Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dctoyou2714

doom thy flesh consumed poster

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know where i get get the "doom thy flesh consumed poster".. Ive been looking for awhile with no luck..

Even a high res picture file would work i guess.

I'm just a big doom fan and would love the poster for my home.

thanks in advance!!

I remember downloading a hi-res vector from the idgames archive of all things a couple of years ago.

Does a version of the Ultimate Doom poster graphic exist that doesn't have the imperfection in the upper right? Also, to anyone who still has the actual poster, does it have that imperfection as well?

I didn't realize this picture was an Ultimate Doom poster, didn't really look. I'm talking about the one with the demons on the bottom grabbing the doomguy while he fires into them.

Randy87 said:

Does a version of the Ultimate Doom poster graphic exist that doesn't have the imperfection in the upper right? Also, to anyone who still has the actual poster, does it have that imperfection as well?

This poster?

If you're referring to the dark horizontal line, that might have been done deliberately to discourage unauthorised reproduction. I've checked a couple of posters and don't see it on either one.

GreyGhost said:

If you're referring to the dark horizontal line, that might have been done deliberately to discourage unauthorised reproduction. I've checked a couple of posters and don't see it on either one.

Ah, thanks very much. A shame. I lost my original years ago and picked up a reprint a while back and it has the line on it. I suppose I will browse around for an authentic one.

A boxed North American copy of Ultimate Doom would be your best bet for the poster, that includes the Macintosh version. Don't know if it was included in the European release.

Technician said:

I believe that poster was a UK exclusive am I right?

It was certainly used in shops in the UK. I remember my local virgin Megastore having a few up and I even asked if I could get one. The answer was yes but when I went back to get it after the displays came down, they'd already got rid of the posters. :/

GreyGhost said:

If you're referring to the dark horizontal line, that might have been done deliberately to discourage unauthorised reproduction.

Wow, I did not know this.

But wait, why? Why would someone intentionally damage something to avoid being copied or 'misused'? I see no gains on doing such thing.

It also seems that it did not stopped from being re-used for image edits, either. There's a couple of pictures that use said damaged logo, all it takes is a quick google search to find them.

GreyGhost, would you consider having an original professionally scanned for high quality? I noticed the flawed digital version is a jpeg and is covered in artifacts. I have no idea when a sealed copy of The Ultimate Doom will be available and actually contain a good poster. I'm sure others would enjoy having a scan of the original as well.

Also, it's pretty easy to fix. Simply selecting the area and lightening it a bit makes it all but invisible (in Paint Shop Pro lightening by about 33 works pretty well).

IMX said:

But wait, why? Why would someone intentionally damage something to avoid being copied or 'misused'? I see no gains on doing such thing.

Try searching eBay for "doom game poster", ignore the originals and parodies, then ask yourself "how much of this stuff is licensed?". I wonder if Sergeant_Mark_IV has made any money from the Brutal Doom posters?

BTW - I don't know if that blemish is accidental or deliberate.

@Randy87 - I'll look into that, since the poster's way too large for either of my scanners.

Can any of you artists out there remove the text and labels and redraw the top of the archvile's head, and fix any said imperfections, in the same resolution as that huge original?

Maybe inspiration could come from Doom's MARBFAC2 texture, or some of those images of the original archvile model.

I'd love to take that file to a professional print shop and get some posters made, and maybe some t-shirts!

It's not an Archvile - it's a Baron. Note the outward-pointing cow horns and mandible-like bottom canines. In fact, there is a picture of that bust somewhere on the net. I'm pretty sure I saw it. The face does have a mussel if you see it from a different angle.

Technician said:

mussel

Muzzle?

Same type of creature that's in the foreground of the other Ultimate Doom poster, definitely not an archvile.

Technician said:

It's not an Archvile - it's a Baron. Note the outward-pointing cow horns and mandible-like bottom canines. In fact, there is a picture of that bust somewhere on the net. I'm pretty sure I saw it. The face does have a mussel if you see it from a different angle.

What a very Strange way to depict a Baron, It looks more like a Archvile than anything sadly though.

Yeah, it doesn't really look "buff" enough to be a baron. But it does look reasonably like the baron-like creatures on the original box art.

Spoiler

Whatever it is, I want it! There was a recent thread about paying an artist to do sprites. I'd pay reasonably well for a cleaned-up poster size image of the "arch-baron" for sure. Any takers?

If seriously interested, maybe do a small version as a demo - I'd hate for 10 people to do the same work, and only one to get paid. Maybe submit that, with your price, and let me decide who gets the job.

I'm not an artist, but I could ask a friend of a friend who does paint posters how much he would charge if you would like. My co-worker met him at a convention and noticed he was wearing a Doom shirt. One thing led to another, I came up somehow, now my co-worker wants to buy me a poster made by him of Doom. I'm really looking forward to it because I saw some of his work and it looks great, though in the minute that my co-worker showed me some of his stuff I didn't see anything really dark and evil-looking like Doom. But his stuff looked nice.

Just pm me if that's what you wanna do. I'll get the website from my co-worker and see about prices.