Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sesalpinogamer

Let's host a unique community project!!!

Hey guys!

I am thinking about hosting a community project,mainly because I saw stuff like Community Chest 3 and this community project being hosted here in the forums.

But this will be different

The main point of this is that whoever wants to colaborate sends his first ever serious map,being good OR NOT.I think this is a fun idea because you can see masterpieces,and you can also see a little nice shaped piece of poo.

How to colaborate

Easy!Pick your first serious map and upload it to any download stuff site like Mediafire or 4Shared,then PM me with the link,no selection bullshit or what-so-ever!

How I will choose maps

I think i clarifyed that this will not be a masterpiece wad,it is just a fun thing the community will do to have fun,with eighter good or poopy maps.
CRITERIA:
-I will choose 15 good maps and 15 bad,making it balanced
-I won't EVEN THINK about putting unfinished and/or rushed maps,you have time!
-The positions can change!The current maps will change from time to time if i find a wad that is better placed than other!
-Depending if i only get good/bad maps and some significant ammount of time already passed trough,then i will need to "Break" the balance.
-Every map must be MAP01!!!IF NOT IT WILL BE IGNORED UNLESS IT IS EXTREMELY FITTING!!!
Current maps

The maps section!Horray!!!This will show the chosen place for the levels,their names and their authors

MAP01-Moon colony escape - NinjaLiquidator
MAP02-Entryway 2 - ChaingunnerX
MAP03-
MAP04-
MAP05-
MAP06-
MAP07-
MAP08-
MAP09-
MAP10-
MAP11-Outage - joe-ilya
MAP12-
MAP13-
MAP14-
MAP15-
MAP16-
MAP17-
MAP18-
MAP19-
MAP20-
MAP21-
MAP22-
MAP23-
MAP24-
MAP25-
MAP26-
MAP27-
MAP28-
MAP29-
MAP30-

Contribuitors:
joe-ilya
ChaingunnerX

Note:Sorry for my bad english,i am brazilian :/

I just finished the layout for my map.

It's still not finished. I have some ideas, like a scary pit with a lost soul right in front of the door, and if the player falls in, he's stuck FOREVERRRR! Really spooky. Seems like a fun idea.

rdwpa said:

http://i.imgur.com/aMCcnyY.png

It's still not finished. I have some ideas, like a scary pit with a lost soul right in front of the door, and if the player falls in, he's stuck FOREVERRRR! Really spooky. Seems like a fun idea.

If you don't like the idea then you don't need to pick on it.

Firstly, a project where quality control takes no role already exists, it's Doomworld Mega Project 2015. The project actually has tradition since 2012.

Secondly: Sesalpinogamer, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Thirdly: If you want to maintain your project in good condition, I think that you should, no, you will have to, make all the "good" maps yourself.

rdwpa said:

I think the boss monster should be behind the rest of the enemies.

scifista42 said:

Firstly, a project where quality control takes no role already exists, it's Doomworld Mega Project 2015. The project actually has tradition since 2012.

Secondly: Sesalpinogamer, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Hosted by you.Seriously,scifista,i am DONE.It is not that you pick on famous wads that copy less famous wads,but just because someone tries to start something that was already done you just start picking on it!It is impossible to inovate on a 21 year old game!The community already did every thing you can ever think about,and then you blame on others for wanting to do something on their own,and also scifista,the start of a "Community Project" is like this.You don't make 30 levels just to discard them,the community is the one who should upload stuff,i am done,i am going off for a while now,i will finish my level i am making and i will give a giant middle finger to this forum,i don't care,it is like if i was never welcome here.

sesalpinogamer said:

i am done,i am going off for a while now,i will finish my level i am making and i will give a giant middle finger to this forum,i don't care,it is like if i was never welcome here.

i guess this must be some new recent trend

Listen, man, I don't know what to tell you but... just finish a map until you think it's good, don't shove it out acknowledging it as crap. Once you got that done then start a thread featuring your FINISHED (complete) wad, then let us play it and get comments and try to use them to improve. You gotta' get it together, man....

Community projects are a dime a dozen. The idea that you should start a community project without quality control is basically a way to say "let's just toss a mediocre wad onto the internet so good maps can be buried in a pile of bad ones and nobody will ever want to play it."

You're not doing anyone a favor trying to spare their feelings. People need to hear that X is not any good so they can consider why and improve as mappers. The less 128-tall 128-wide tunnel laden linear STARTAN textured crapfests we have the better

SuperCupcakeTactics said:

Listen, man, I don't know what to tell you but... just finish a map until you think it's good, don't shove it out acknowledging it as crap. Once you got that done then start a thread featuring your FINISHED (complete) wad, then let us play it and get comments and try to use them to improve. You gotta' get it together, man....

If you are talking about this project,well...people like you are the ones supposed to send the levels,i only unite them into a megawad...

SavageCorona said:

I broke into laughter.

There's so many community projects these days that this is sorta like the Doomworld equivalent of of walking into a crowded pool hall and asking everyone at the tables if they want to play billiards.

Doomworld Mega Project was founded in 2012 by TimeOfDeath, who was already a long time community member, well respected as a speedrunner and as a mapper. He presented the project as an attempt to get one map from every Doomworlder, and create a megacompilation out of them. His idea was immediately mocked and questioned at the time (link), but in the end, it turned out to be appealing enough that the project survived, and many people contributed serious maps. TimeOfDeath was very responsible about keeping the maplist in OP up to date, and compiled the project at the end of the year. Next year (2013), he started a new Doomworld Mega Project with the same theme and slightly modified rules, and he maintained it the same way as before. Same in 2014 - and the project already became kind of popular and iconic. At the beginning of 2015 (link), he said that he's reluctant about hosting the project any longer. I volunteered to take care of the maplist maintainership and eventual compiling, and he thought I was responsible enough for the job, so he agreed with me taking over the project's name. I still continue maintaining it the same way as TimeOfDeath did.

Sesalpinogamer: You came in a time when random community projects in progress are everywhere around the forum. You came out of nowhere, and haven't yet proven either your mapping capability, or long term responsibility. And you presented your half-assed idea in a way that's literally asking to be ridiculed. Please don't offend when you get ridiculed, then. Sorry if I offended you by saying this, I'm just trying to explain your situation to you.

I really like your aesthetic style here, ChaingunnerX, it fits the small layout very well. Shame that the gameplay is so pointlessly simplistic and short - not really bad, though.

scifista,can you help me a bit?I am making a level and i think it is pretty cool by now,it is very far from done but...i don't know,i put quite some effort into it,can you test it please?If you want to complete the level,keep in mind this level exit ends the game,and just use the fly command to the part with the arachnotrons,play with gzdoom.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1l52hvl2vv9zxvc/CliffWalk.wad

mrthejoshmon said:

If I get any time soon I will shoot over a little map to you.

I am not very busy right now,actually,i will spend this week home,YAY FOR SCHOOL VACATIONS!Go on,send it,if you want,but if you are a troll...then i will be really sad.

sesalpinogamer said:

Hosted by you.Seriously,scifista,i am DONE.It is not that you pick on famous wads that copy less famous wads,but just because someone tries to start something that was already done you just start picking on it!It is impossible to inovate on a 21 year old game!The community already did every thing you can ever think about,and then you blame on others for wanting to do something on their own,and also scifista,the start of a "Community Project" is like this.You don't make 30 levels just to discard them,the community is the one who should upload stuff,i am done,i am going off for a while now,i will finish my level i am making and i will give a giant middle finger to this forum,i don't care,it is like if i was never welcome here.

You really think nothing new can be done? I'm on the opposite side of this. I think there are loads of things that can be done (and have not been done) in Doom engine. Of course, I'm not talking about vanilla maps, so if that's not your thing... Then yep, you are pretty much stucked doing the same things over and over.

Lycaon said:

You really think nothing new can be done? I'm on the opposite side of this. I think there are loads of things that can be done (and have not been done) in Doom engine. Of course, I'm not talking about vanilla maps, so if that's not your thing... Then yep, you are pretty much stucked doing the same things over and over.

I don't like complex stuff,but not vanilla,so in my train every idea has already been covered.

joe-ilya said:

Are you FellowZdoomer? You act like him.

<Fellowzdoomer> Man, Joe. I've matured a lot since I've been banned.
<Fellowzdoomer> Also tell em I said hi.

Lycaon said:

Of course, I'm not talking about vanilla maps, so if that's not your thing... Then yep, you are pretty much stucked doing the same things over and over.

topkek

sesalpinogamer said:

I don't like complex stuff,but not vanilla,so in my train every idea has already been covered.

Who said anything about complex stuff? You seriously can't be so simple minded...

edit: gaspe, I don't speak Internet, tell me what you meant by "topkek" cause it doesn't sound nice