Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scuzzy

Doom's textures in Doom 2

Is there a wad file avalible that will allow a editor to use all of Doom's textures in Doom2, it seams alot of the military base textures are missing, i would like to make a map more in the style of Doom, but have the SS avalible in deathmath :)

if anyone knows of a wad file it would be most appreciated.

Just get wintex and copy all the textures and patches you need.

I think Rick Clark or Stphrz mentioned a wad already made that includes the textures from DOOM1 to use with DOOM2 levels. Hmmm, somewhere on the NewDoom editing forums... just give 'em a mail.

For information:

Some of the doom1 switch names appear in doom2 but look different to how they did in doom1. In doom2, these switches all look like sw1brcom or sw2brcom and I think are really just place holders for doom1 switches that were not really needed in doom2.

Seeing as how this WAD is intended to bring doom1 textures into doom2, I went with the doom1 appearance for all such switches in the WAD.

Other than that, I'm not aware of any problems. If you come across some, let me know and I'll fix it.

For info (again), I think these are all the switches that have different doom1 and doom2 appearances:

SW1BRN1
SW2BRN2

SW1STARG
SW2STARG

SW1STON2
SW2STON2

SW1STONE
SW2STONE

there is something on one of my doom / doom2 addon cds which lets you play doom levels in doom 2 and vice versa but i dunn rememeber what it was called

ill dload that also since when i want to play my favorite doom levels in doom 2 i usually run into problems with compatability and such and missing techtures

I aslo notice there aren't as many flats in doom2 as there were in doom1... or at least there arent as many useful one.

Tarkus said:

I aslo notice there aren't as many flats in doom2 as there were in doom1... or at least there arent as many useful one.

Ummm, then there is something wrong. I'm pretty sure (without actually checking) that all the doom 1 flats are in doom2 and there are quite a few more to boot.