Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[MAG]Nathan

Questions about WAD resources.

Hello! It's been a very, very long time since I've been active within the Doom community. I'm really happy to see it moving along as steadily as it is.

So, I've recently started making maps with Doom Builder 2. With the help of Sublimely Elegant's videos.

I've found for what I'm trying to do, I need some monsters that have no long ranged attacks. So I got the monsters wad, and love what it has.

Total, I'm using doom2.wad, Brutaldoom.pk3, and monsters.wad.

Is there anyway to have the doom builder(or even an external program) to mash up those 3 things, and then spit out one wad, that has the resources of all 3?

Please let me know if I can explain things any better.

Slade is the current weapon of choice for merging wad resources, though I wouldn't include Doom2.wad in your mash-up - that way madness lies. Best approach is probably to familiarize yourself with the .PK3 data structure then add whatever monsters you require to Brutaldoom.pk3.

I recommend you to not merge Doom 2 IWAD and Brutal Doom resources with your custom wad. IWAD resources are downright illegal to distribute in any form - the player is supposed to already own an IWAD on his computer, then he will be able to play your wad as a PWAD. Brutal Doom is just a mod, some people like to play it, and some people don't - so, those who want to use it can load it on their own, while those who don't want to use it will not be forced to.

I'm going to look into Slade.

And it sounds like good advice to NOT, merge then doom2.wad. So I'm going to take it.

Thanks a bunch for the quick and helpful responses!

I could use a bit more help if anyone's willing.

So I downloaded slade, and watched a video and how to make it perform the way I'd like.

And got it kinda working?

So, I downloaded the scientist zombie packs. Gave each one it's own number, and they are indeed, all in the decorate section of the things mode.

However out the 10 I've placed, only one shows up, and acts as it should. The others are red triangles, with yellow exclamation points inside them.

Any ideas on where I might have fucked up?

As always, please and thanks for any advice or help.

Yeah definitely DON'T add ANY resources from any of the Doom IWADs. I'm sick of seeing threads that trick me into illegally downloading Doom 2.

SavageCorona said:

Yeah definitely DON'T add ANY resources from any of the Doom IWADs. I'm sick of seeing threads that trick me into illegally downloading Doom 2.

I don't quite follow.

But I haven't! The only things added were straight from some player made monster wads.

http://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/beastiary-mainmenu-136-69621/doom-style-mainmenu-105-73113?start=60

Former Scientists pack 1 and 2 to be specific.

EDIT:

I actually looked at the error. I lied, it's a diamond, not a triangle. I don't know it that changes anything.