Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FDA

Holy fuck this map is the pits. Why are there so many hitscans. I didn't deserve to die this way.

It does look really good, though the scenery provides small comfort after such horrible demise.

FDA. I liked the map a lot, texturing and lighting looked nice, the layout was non-linear, moderately large and exploratory and still rather compact, the fights were challenging just right for my taste, and well balanced too. I've fallen into an illusio pit once. Otherwise, great job!

Really good map! And tough too. I always like to see a good use of the stock textures.
I played the version 2 (maybe it got fixed in your last version), but you can get stuck here:

Been trying to record a playthrough of the map for the past hour.

This map is no joke. It takes some luck just to survive the first 3 seconds.

Here is my FDA. I made the mistake of first trying it on Ultra-violence. After the inital onslaught and subsequent lack of health, I was playing overly cautious.

This is my first pwad attempt in over 3 years, so I'm not sure if it's a lack of skill, or it's just a really fucking difficult map.

Nice map! Big, but I never felt lost. Tough, but I survived. I like the emerald sfall tex. Only thing I noticed (besides how much I hate freaking AVs) was that only one of the three red key doors was marked with any kind of a key indicator and only one side of the teleport to the secret worked.

Also, I remember a number of nukage downpours from the ceiling. One set you could walk through; the others were solid. They should probably be consistent, unless the passable ones were hiding pickups. I didn't notice.

Last thing. There's music for 12 levels in the wad, besides the Intermission music. Is this the first in a mapset?

A lot of fun. More like this would be very nice.

fun map indeed. felt kinda like an adventure with all the twisty interconnections and passageways that aren't immediately obvious where they lead to/from. Very easy map, but enjoyably so because there's nice use of bestiary that can be threatening if you make too many mistakes in a row. I think I only died once in the BK room before I realized there were two pillars in the darkness you could use as cover (though probably my fault for playing on lowest gamma).

neat collab, look forward to more :D

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Last thing. There's music for 12 levels in the wad, besides the Intermission music. Is this the first in a mapset?

I will use this music and graphics in my future works.

Start to stuck in a pit 6 minutes!

West side of map, -1105, -352, can get stuck in some details.

Fun little map, I enjoyed it! The start was pretty intense and the rest of the map kinda didn't live up to the difficulty of that first area but it was cool overall.

This wad is pretty cool. A nice rough start but for me it got easier as I moved on.

I must say, you guys work very well together. I usually don't play much of Plut's work considering his emphasis on high-level enemies combined with difficult movement, but I didn't notice nearly as much of a problem here. The competition could stand to be a bit more stiff as the map progresses(I reckon a bit more could be done with that nukage field, for example), but I had fun all things considered. Cool stuff.

scifista42 said:

FDA. I liked the map a lot, texturing and lighting looked nice, the layout was non-linear, moderately large and exploratory and still rather compact, the fights were challenging just right for my taste, and well balanced too. I've fallen into an illusio pit once. Otherwise, great job!

Do you have the version of the wad you recorded this demo with? I'm desyncing with the current version and would love to see a playthrough of it (right now it's wrecking me).

Tried this map and although I was eventually killed, I did do better in the beginning than I thought I would. Still, to me such a map is way too difficult to be enjoyable.

As I usually do, I also explored the map with -nomonsters. Nicely done, although a little confusing. Many doors and rooms look similar inside the building. The outside areas are very atmospheric, liked it.

Great map! Not sure how to get past the beginning part without taking damage though. Kinda of a cheap shot if you ask me. I liked it a lot otherwise though.

FDA