• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lvangundy

Do you hold or click fire?

[MAG]Nathan said:

That's not even funny.

I thought it was hilarious!

I hold fire! I noticed since I've playing Killing Floor, how tiresome tapping fire can be.

(I enjoyed both (or all three?) Toy Story movies.)

Fonze said:

That sounded kinda serious. But hey, I'm a dummy, so you must account for my lack of common sense sometimes ;p

I had meant it to be serious enough that it couldn't possibly have been serious. Too far? Not far enough?

Either way, I apologies if I rustled any jimmies.

I usually hold fire for the all he weps except the pistol and the last three guns. I usually fire in three for the rocket launcher, and I burst fire a random amount for the plasma rifle. I always fire individual shots with the pistol and bfg.

[MAG]Nathan said:

I had meant it to be serious enough that it couldn't possibly have been serious. Too far? Not far enough?

Either way, I apologies if I rustled any jimmies.

Ain't gonna rustle my jimmies, just make me laugh ;p

If that's the case, not far enough. I want my eyes to burn from all the obscenities

i tap fire with the chaingun cause i heard the 1rst 3 shots do more damage, so its watesful to hold fire. however i dotn even know if its true

I don't think they do more dmg, but they have a better chance to hit. That's why many people click-fire; it's for accuracy

I hold everything except the shotguns, tap-firing the chaingun being a notable exception. With the shotgun, holding to fire gives me a bit of a feeling of mental gears grinding, so unless I'm stuck in the open with a huge number of monsters, I'm not likely to hold it. Same goes for the super shotgun. It takes ever so slightly longer to fire, but I don't find myself in a lot of situations where that few milliseconds saved would make the difference between life and death. I'd rather pace my shots and find ammo-efficient ways of clearing rooms.

Fonze said:

Ain't gonna rustle my jimmies, just make me laugh ;p

If that's the case, not far enough. I want my eyes to burn from all the obscenities

Being obscene is too easy though.

I'm still proud of the "I swear to your God part". I thought it was good.

I had a mouse which was almost 6 months old, after using semi-auto weapons in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer for a few days the right button just snapped in-ways, if all mouse buttons are that weak even with $100+ gaming mice then I'd rather not use constant tap fire all that much at least when it can be avoided.

Avoozl said:

I had a mouse which was almost 6 months old, after using semi-auto weapons in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer for a few days the right button just snapped in-ways, if all mouse buttons are that weak even with $100+ gaming mice then I'd rather not use constant tap fire all that much at least when it can be avoided.

Man I just got a fairly expesive "gaming" mouse a few months ago... Hate the thing. I spend more time in DB2 fixing floor and ceiling heights because hey, why put a clicker or something to stop constant mouse-wheel turning?

Thank God I haven't broken it yet to clicking like the way yours went. Then again, I'm ready to go back to my $5 mouse, lol.

Fonze said:

Man I just got a fairly expesive "gaming" mouse a few months ago... Hate the thing. I spend more time in DB2 fixing floor and ceiling heights because hey, why put a clicker or something to stop constant mouse-wheel turning?

Thank God I haven't broken it yet to clicking like the way yours went. Then again, I'm ready to go back to my $5 mouse, lol.

I got one of those Diablo 3 steelseries mice one day when I needed a new mouse and thought what the heck and bought it, it was almost marked off as half price at around $57.

When I brought it back to the store because I thought it was still under warranty they told me that they can't give me a refund since it was almost 6 months old and that they can only replace it before a whole year, they were out of stock but they found another one of them in another one of their stores a few suburbs away and I got that at least, it was only a $2.50 train trip away at least.

If I'm sniping a demon with a pistol or chaingun, I click to get a more accurate shot. But, up close and personal, I hold and lay it in them.

Fonze said:

I upgraded from a Logitech g500 to a g502 recently. It was a mistake.

The G500 is great. It's got all the cool amenities of a gaming mouse, but generally acts like a normal mouse. No complications.

YOu can get a new one on ebay for like 30 bucks. Worth looking into.

I got the G700s from Logitech. Idk about how the previous versions were, but due to the mousewheel on this one all that I can say is that if you like to make maps and don't want to forfeit the "raise/lowwer floor/ceiling" function during 3D view mode, don't use it and don't buy it.

For other things it's ok, but the side buttons are about as retarded as the mousewheel and even though I mapped em in, they're just not reliably usable. Idk what the designers were thinking, honestly, I would think a controller (which is essentially what it is) would be hard to screw up, especially after playing many different console systems and using different joysticks, etc, but good God if Logitech didn't find a way. 2 of the side buttons you must push up diagonally to get to work reliably and half the time you just hit the buttons underneath of them by accident.

Sorry for totally derailing this thread.
Back on topic: I don't hear many people noting shotgun semi-long-range sniping. Keep in mind that most people seem to consider about 15 64-wide blocks to be the start of long range in Doom (I could be wrong, that makes medium range very small), so I'm talking about that range where the shotgun can just barely hit with 3 or more pellets. Mostly for use when bullets are low and when fighting hitscan snipers from not an insane distance.

Also, I forget when the weapon-bob effect came about, if it was Doom 95 or earlier, but I remember frequently having to learn the hard way not to hold fire with the shotgun because it's center and therefore your aimer would start to center-out off the real center line. Nowadays, I still feel like I shouldn't hold fire with the shotgun out of that subconcious fear that never learns thinking it's gonna screw me again and again. Murphy's Law it'll be right when it counts the most, heh.

Hold. It's gotten me killed with the rocket launcher more than a few times.

A bit of both, I change it up. More often than not I'm not holding it down too much though, for ammo conservation. Especially for more cool ammo.

Hold, unless it's the RL or BFG (save for situations where ammo is no concern regarding the latter). "Chaingun tapping" is also something I use where appropriate.

Depends on how many enemies there are, I hold my finger on the trigger as long as is necessary. Even the SSG can be held if there are multiple enemies you're getting through.

Generally speaking, tap. Even the chaingun (if I'm trying to keep it as accurate as possible), the rocket launcher or the plasma gun (if I'm trying to conserve ammo for whatever reason). I only hold when it's a rapid-fire weapon (ie: chaingun when accuracy isn't important, rocket launcher when there's a large group and ammo usage isn't a concern, most plasma gun usage, chainsaw in general).

Holding down the button for shotgun usage just doesn't feel right, even knowing that I could do it without too much hassle.