Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

/!\ DOOM RAP /!\

I'm not turning Flash on just to see this video, so I'm safely going to assume it's not worth the effort but it's still a somewhat decent work with good bars.

Lol that wasn't bad. Usually I'm a bit... skeptical of stuff based on games, be it movies or songs. But that was kinda catchy and fit at least what I'm thinking about (lyric-wise) when I play Doom.

Maybe how badly the story of the Doom movie was handled lowered my expectations of somebody actually staying true to what Doom was, but I thought that the lyrics were fitting.

Its interesting to see (hear) Doom branch out into not-metal, but hey, it's better than salsa, right? Lol, nah I've actually played Doom with jazz, blues, classical, and all sorts of rock-n-roll songs from all ages of it. I like it from time to time. As a random side-note, jazz makes Doom hilarious, especially if you go with something similar to a bebop or maybe something like what youd expect to hear when you think of chaos on a massive scale, like in a large crowd of people. Typically it's trumpets and other brass instruments playing quickly in a jazzy manner, with a drummer who sounds like he's never heard of having one time signature in a song. The Seatbelts' "Bad Dog No Biscuit" is one that's similar to that that always makes me laugh when I play Doom with it on.

All in all, good stuff :)

He's sampling the score from the DOOM movie with the background beat, specifically the scene where Reaper is taking Samantha up the elevator at the end of the movie.

Oh, btw, sorry bout the spoilers for all those who are yet (assuming not too many) to see the DOOM flick.

IMX said:

I'm not turning Flash on just to see this video, so I'm safely going to assume it's not worth the effort but it's still a somewhat decent work with good bars.

You don't need Flash to watch Youtube videos.

https://youtube.com/html5

Doominator2 said:

OMFG!, Youtube has a new UI Again!?!?!?

Yup, and It sort of sucks. About the Rap, It's pretty catchy and stuff, but I don't think Rap fits very well with DOOM.

It's no Blood on the Walls, that's for sure.

Rap starts off kind of janky, but gets pretty kinda alright during the latter half.

Tritnew said:

Yup, and It sort of sucks.

I like the new video player. It's bigger and doesn't obscure the video underneath.

Jaxxoon R said:

It's no Blood on the Walls, that's for sure.

Rap starts off kind of janky, but gets pretty kinda alright during the latter half.

I like the new video player. It's bigger and doesn't obscure the video underneath.

Yeah, that's how I felt as well, but I'm use to how the Video Player used to be.

This is of decent quality and on top of that It sounds like a pseudo old-school rap and not a catchy dance tune.

I'd like to pretend it's a reference to the Boom sourceport, but I'm pretty sure it's just a goofy play on the Doom name.

Good to see this series now has its own ROLLIN AROUND AT THE SPEEED OF SOUND

Jaxxoon R said:

I'd like to pretend it's a reference to the Boom sourceport, but I'm pretty sure it's just a goofy play on the Doom name.

Good to see this series now has its own ROLLIN AROUND AT THE SPEEED OF SOUND

God, You got Nostalgia for Me because of Sonic Adventure 2, now I have to quinch my Nostalgia by playing the PC Port.