Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goosepants

Anyone on Playstation 3 up for Co op?

You can also play one of my many dedicated classic co-op servers on Zandronum client.

I have dedicated classic coop (medium difficulty), survival coop (hard difficulty), and extreme survival (insane difficulty) servers 24/7, 365 days a year. I've got it setup for Ultimate DOOM, DOOM 2, and Final DOOM.

Quite a few people join daily, with many frequent common players (myself, bryanfenixlol, darkreality, etc)

It also has mumble voice chat support (you'd need to download the mumble client and connect to the mumble server if you want to use voice)

Cautious forewarning about the extreme survival mode tho: It's for the mathochist-minded only. It's basically one of those servers you go in knowing you're never going to complete, and I'd expect anyone to rage quit it after a few levels (at least on DOOM 2 and Final DOOM). It's more of a "see how far you can get before you do give up" sort of server.

If, however, you things you have the cahones to take on a extreme survival server and make it through all levels by yourself or with a few others... that'd be a hell of a feat. Most give up once they get to "tricks and traps" map of DOOM 2. Wimps :)

Buckshot said:

You can also play one of my many dedicated classic co-op servers on Zandronum client.

I have dedicated classic co-op, co-op survival, and extreme survival servers 24/7, 365 days a year. I've got it setup for Ultimate DOOM, DOOM 2, and Final DOOM.

Quite a few people join daily, with many frequent common players (myself, bryanfenixlol, darkreality, etc)

It also has mumble voice chat support (you'd need to download the mumble client and connect to the mumble server)

Cautious forewarning about the extreme survival mode tho: It's for the mathochist-minded only. It's basically one of those servers you go in knowing you're never going to complete, and I'd expect anyone to rage quit it after a few levels (at least on DOOM 2 and Final DOOM). It's more of a "see how far you can get before you do give up" sort of server.

If, however, you things you have the cahones to take on a extreme survival server and make it through all levels by yourself or with a few others... that'd be a hell of a feat. Most give up once they get to "tricks and traps" map of DOOM 2. Wimps :)

Have to note, Dead Simple and Tricks and Traps are one of my favorite DOOM levels, that and The Pit too. So... I possibly won't even leave If I get to that.

Tritnew said:

Have to note, Dead Simple and Tricks and Traps are one of my favorite DOOM levels, that and The Pit too. So... I possibly won't even leave If I get to that.

Everybody says the same thing.

Until they get to Tricks and Traps.

then they bitch and moan.

then they quit.

I even increased the amount of lives, turned on item respawn after complaints that it was "unbeatable" prior, and they still bitch and moan. The key to it is on certain levels like that is to only have one person do the map... too many and it becomes a cluster*fck of people going every which way, stirring up too much trouble and monsters attention all at once,or soaking up all the ammo and health too fast. Also, if one person messes up the exit in trick and trap, you're literally stuck until you all die or vote next map.

This also happens on a few other levels.

Have to think that one through :)

Buckshot said:

Everybody says the same thing.

Until they get to Tricks and Traps.

then they bitch and moan.

then they quit.

I even increased the amount of lives, turned on item respawn after complaints that it was "unbeatable" prior, and they still bitch and moan. The key to it is on certain levels like that is to only have one person do the map... too many and it becomes a cluster*fck of people going every which way, stirring up too much trouble and monsters attention all at once,or soaking up all the ammo and health too fast. Also, if one person messes up the exit in trick and trap, you're literally stuck until you all die or vote next map.

This also happens on a few other levels.

Have to think that one through :)

Pfft, I'm not really like that, I'm one of those Doomers that seek challenge from DOOM, pretty much.

Buckshot said:

Also, if one person messes up the exit in trick and trap, you're literally stuck until you all die or vote next map.

No.

No no no no no. NO.

This is such a common misconception. An alternate way to the exit opens in the Cacodemon hall precisely because the standard path to the exit is a one-attempt run. Nobody gets stuck except the idiot who falls off the platforms!

BaronOfStuff said:

No.

No no no no no. NO.

This is such a common misconception. An alternate way to the exit opens in the Cacodemon hall precisely because the standard path to the exit is a one-attempt run. Nobody gets stuck except the idiot who falls off the platforms!

WELL. WELL. WELL.

seems we've been misled.

Thank you for that information, Baron. Your knowledge 'of stuff' is limitless.

Sodaholic said:

I've heard the PS3 version of Doom Classic has really bad framerates.

It ran pretty good for Me strangely, as for the game, the music Is completely horrible and It just doesn't feel good at all.

Sodaholic said:

I've heard the PS3 version of Doom Classic has really bad framerates.

like 3do bad, or jaguar bad?

Goosepants said:

Tritnew want to do Co op?

Really don't have a PS3, I do have a copy of BFG Edition for It though, I recommend playing It on PC though when It comes to Multiplayer, like these Guys said, maybe Dosbox or Chocolate DOOM can be a good bet, or Zandronum.

BaronOfStuff said:

Sure thing, there are still mountains of shit to explore!

I could probably get the WADs, won't be able to demo or something like that. I can find shit WADs easily.

Tritnew said:

It ran pretty good for Me strangely, as for the game, the music Is completely horrible and It just doesn't feel good at all.

Huh. Maybe they fixed it, or my source of info was garbage and it was fine all along.

Buckshot said:

like 3do bad, or jaguar bad?

I swear I read somewhere here on Doomworld that it was around 15-20fps, but now I'm not 100% sure of that.

Sodaholic said:

Huh. Maybe they fixed it, or my source of info was garbage and it was fine all along.

I swear I read somewhere here on Doomworld that it was around 15-20fps, but now I'm not 100% sure of that.

Yeah, the game runs perfectly fine, but playing It on Multiplayer Is complete lag, around 20 FPS or so, It's best to play Multiplayer on PC sometimes I suppose, expect with Fighting Games at least.

Recording crapwad demos w/ DOSBox at Hamachi DoomIPX , pass: humanbbq

Also, to avoid any possible -maxdemo nonsense that would often foul up attempts at blind runs through stupid pieces of D!Zone shit, CrispyDoom is a viable (and non-DOSbox) alternative for vanilla-compatible demo recording.

Crispy Doom sounds like the way to go then.
As amusing as it was using Boom in Dosbox for this it was just messy setting things up.

My friend and I are running out of games on the PS3, so I might feel up for some BFG Doom and Duke3D ME. What's your PSN, OP?