Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[MAG]Nathan

Cooking and Brewing thread.

The title says most of it.

Share foods you like! Cooking ideas, tips on how to cook, recent things you've cooked, ect. As well as brewing info and recipes. Let's see how it holds up.

I recently made Chicken Lo Mein, except I had to use chow mein noodles. Nobody in my area carries Lo Mein noodles, for whatever reason. It was ok at best to be frank. Though I'm not sure how I could have improved it. That being said I've only been cooking for myself for a year or so now.

I'm also about to get back into wine making. Anyone have any good recipe's? I'd like to move up from hobo wine. I made a batch of mead last year, turned out amazing. But the process for wine is a good deal different from my understanding.

[MAG]Nathan said:

I'm also about to get back into wine making. Anyone have any good recipe's? I'd like to move up from hobo wine. I made a batch of mead last year, turned out amazing. But the process for wine is a good deal different from my understanding.

Well, you will need proper equipment and locations if you want to make actual wine. You need a fresh and dark place and be careful of moisture. Definetely not your garage.

I'm actually gonna take cooking class for school this year. definitely Looking forward to that.

[MAG]Nathan said:

The title says most of it.

Share foods you like! Cooking ideas, tips on how to cook, recent things you've cooked, ect. As well as brewing info and recipes. Let's see how it holds up.

I recently made Chicken Lo Mein, except I had to use chow mein noodles. Nobody in my area carries Lo Mein noodles, for whatever reason. It was ok at best to be frank. Though I'm not sure how I could have improved it. That being said I've only been cooking for myself for a year or so now.

Of course. But my first task is getting a carboy, and all the other equipment. I had it all before I moved. But then I moved! And it didn't come with me =(

http://imgur.com/a/zMxgU?gallery
http://imgur.com/a/njrIV?gallery
http://imgur.com/a/IOokV?gallery

I actually hate cooking, I don't even know why I have these bookmarked.

I didn't start enjoying it until I get semi ok at it. After you learn really know what you're doing, it's like ordering from a restaurant that will make you whatever the fuck you want, however you want it. The first couple months were really rough though. So much waste...

Otherwise it is a basic skill you use to survive. That's why I at least try to be decent at it =P