Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cs89

My Daedalus progression

I have started the Daedalus megawad and I enjoyed so far until I got stuck at the engine room.
I collected 2 console codes of 4.
What's next destinations should I go?

what console codes do you even have? there's 4 of them in the first part of the mod:

- in the door to the right in the kitchen
- behind a block in the hangar you crash in at the beginning of the game; you can actually access it right when you start the game if you're fast enough
- behind a secret door in one of the captain's lounges in the crew quarters; you need to press a switch hidden behind a wall in the western room
- the last one should be in environmental control. to get there, you need to get the access pass from a Hell Knight in the room where you get the 3rd command console, then into the engine place and press the switch at the core to get to a console that allows the travel tube to environmental control to work. to get into the engine, you also need to vent the toxic gases, which is marked by a console with two glass-tubes containing particles surrounding it.

@Doomhuntress: I have found 3 codes, one at the kitchen's lift, one at the captain's cabin and the last one in the enviromental control.
I was not fast enough to reach the 4th console code, so I started again the whole map set.
Thank you for your tips. :)

@SavageCorona: I am not a little scamp, I just stuck in the megawad.
Next time, think about what you're going to write me.

Is daedalus any good? I never hear anybody talk about it. I can't remember if I played it several years ago or not, but if I did all I remember about it is that I got really confused in the very beginning, even before I got to kill anything and was sick of it without really giving it a chance.

Its by team TNT, does that mean its boom compatible?

It's for zdoom, definitely not boom. I really enjoyed Daedalus, but it is kind of mazey and confusing, and almost puzzle-y at times. I don't mind that, but a lot of people do.

40oz said:

Is daedalus any good? I never hear anybody talk about it. I can't remember if I played it several years ago or not, but if I did all I remember about it is that I got really confused in the very beginning, even before I got to kill anything and was sick of it without really giving it a chance.

Yeah, it does have a slowballed opening, for sure. I don't really care for Daedalus, but I'd say it's worth a second look in order to make up your own mind, the team certainly put a lot of work into it if nothing else. It's decidedly Hexen-esque in terms of progression, like stewboy says, which is not something I take issue with per se (I'm very fond of Hexen, in fact, as well as stuff like Eternal Doom and such); it's just the way the action aspect of the game is handled that doesn't sit right with me, it's sort of in an uncomfortable nowhere-zone between being a WAD that has light 'flavor' combat to round out the generally exploration-focused experience and being a WAD that is determinedly focused on combat and encounter dynamics--so you need to travel around and explore and search for progression-baubles, and the combat is just insistent enough to get in the way and slow you down, without generally being nuanced or pacey enough to be fun for its own sake. A true product of its time, it also does some "features-because-the-functionality-exists" ZDoom stuff with its action that is generally frowned upon these days (e.g. stealth monsters and the like), although if you don't personally share those taboos perhaps they won't bother you, of course.

Alright, I already collected in the 2nd attemptment the 4 console codes, I reached to the second bridge hub.
I obtained 2 microgen power sources, but I stuck at the Cryonics area.
Where can I access to the power room?
Here is a picture of the map if it helps for some folks

i'm gonna assume that since you reached cryonics, you already used those microgens to replace the broken ones, right? if so, you need to enter the scout bay, or whatever the map is called, which can be accessed from the deck the second hub starts in. you need to enter a scout ship and get told by ":)" that you need a third microgen to start the ship. this'll make him open the door in Cryonics and make it so you can take the microgen and escape the second hub.

i can't really help with the third hub as that's where "I" got stuck and shut off the game. i think i couldn't figure out what to do after restarting the ventilation system.

I have stuck again, in the hub 4 I used the use button at all consoles in the 2 big rooms and I didn't got some useful hints.
Where should I go to access the learning pods?

P.S: I got a code which is GZA-35. I tried to use it at the 2 console, but I don't get it. I typed the 6 characters on the keyboard and I can't still go to anywhere.

P.S 2 : Nevermind, I had not to type the codes, just I went to the computer and I travled to the Language Lab and Class Rooms map. I activated two learning pods where I got the requested knowledge to drive the underground train. :)
I guess I have to go into the Launch Site.

Ahh, Daedalus, my first ZDoom experience. It's a pretty neat mapset if you can get past the annoying obtuse puzzles that will hamper your progress. There's a handful of talented authors involved, including good ol' Ty (RIP), Paul Schmitz, Sir Robin, and even Waverider. The gameplay, it's like if you mixed in the puzzle-solving of Hexen with the storyline-heavy scripting and high-tech setting of Half-Life. Managed to beat the megawad years ago, though it took several hours divided into like a week or so.

How can I fuel the ship???
I tried to release and engage the fuel thingies, but I didn't get the message that the space ship is fueled.
Where should I check out to do something? :confused: :eek:

PS: Alright, I was so dumb I didn't realised the third console for the fuel pumping. :S
Anyway, I have to go to the Languages and Class Rooms area to learn driving a space ship.

I have reached to the ending. I don't know that there is one more ending, but I don't care, I'm glad I finished this megawad.
I enjoyed the maps, the dialogs and the sci-fi theme of the whole wad.
I would rate 4/5 just because I stucked at some points of the maps.