Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

Survey: How much Doom do you play per week?

"Poll" options:

-- <1 hour. What am I even doing on this forum?
-- 1-7 hours.
-- 7-14 hours.
-- 14-21 hours.
-- 21-28 hours.
-- 28-35 hours.
-- 35+ hours. I'm an addict PLEASE SEND HELP.

i do not get why this is not an actual pol with he nice percentage bars and all,but in all honesty...

-- <1 hour. What am I even doing on this forum?

I used to play it like a madman although usually the same Iwad levels, and the Pwads i mapped myself... But the more i came to Doomworld (or whatever unknown reason) the less i started to care. Yet i have to have that folder named DooM and the map editor on my computer. when i map it tends to increase again tot the 1-7 hours range.

7-14 hours a week.

I also spend roughly the same amount of time, if not more, staring at Doom Builder 2 and trying to get something done \ o /

FireFish said:

i do not get why this is not an actual pol with he nice percentage bars and all,but in all honesty...

There is no option to start polls in this subforum.

I haven't played Doom in a while, although to be quite frank, I do take occasional breaks from it.

Around 4-5 hours lately. Since I started to mapping the time I spend on playing dropped a lot. I believe I reached 15-18 hours in my most intensive dooming periods.

Somewhere between 14-28 hours i think.
Trying out lots of mods, but lately i started my DooM marathon.

Played through Doom 1+2 in the nineties.

Now i plan to play through Ultimate DooM, DooM 2, Master Levels, Final DooM, No Rest for the Living, DooM 64, and maybe DooM 3, Ressurection of Evil, and the BFG DooM 3 Bonus Mission.

All on Ultra Violence and close to vanilla. I only use mouselook, no autoaim, enhanced NV.

Today i managed to finish DooM 1 E3. But every start of a new ep is super hard for me. I need to find a chainsaw or a berserker pack as soon as possible, because i dont to the kind of run where you go as fast as possible and evade all monsters, so i really need ammo.

I am really not sure if i am able to do E4 on UV. Tried the first level today a few times. Found the rocket launcher. But i feel so old right now.

Doominator2 said:

Dunno, want kind of weirdo times their playtime anyways?

How could one assess the amount of time used to play doom ;

A) Having a sense of time, or whats left of that sense.

B) Having a busy life on a timer, thus one plans and times that life.

C) Check if one starts playing when light begins, and one stops when its back...

D) check the clock once in a while.

E) Touch yourself.

including mapping.... way too much plz send help. probably not actually that many hours, but still.

I map or play Doom a lot typically, it's one of my favorite hobbies. But every now and again I take breaks and do other stuff. We're all multi-faceted :)

When I'm in Doom mode it's just about every hour I can squeeze in. Depending on work, it can be anywhere between 15 and 30. If I get a staycation and I'm in Doom mode sign me up for the "35+ hours please send help" category, lol.

Now that I got a laptop, maybe ask again in two weeks ;p

Less than 1 hour per week, though I do open the map editor once in awhile to try a new idea, which I quickly abandon due to lack of inspiration, followed by a bitter feeling for the wasted time.

I occasionally play Doom (Gameception) on my iPad, but that's only when I'm in the train, have no Internet and don't want to read e-books.

I haven't even played it for quite a while now, I just haven't found much incentive to go back to it lately.

On average I play about 3-4 hours per week. I guess about an hour every second day, but sometimes I go hard and play through nearly an entire mapset in one sitting. I've played 8 hours of Doom in a day before but that's when I was going through Doom withdrawals. That happens if I don't play for a while. Hope to continue playing until the day I die.

20+ hours maybe?

Really I've been so bummed about all major titles over the past few years, that I always just seem to end up playing DOOM. I made it a little over halfway through Witcher 3 before getting bored, finished Farcry 4 (felt like a rehash of FC3) only out of obligation, and pretty much roll my eyes at 98% of the indie titles out there.

I sometimes I wonder how much longer I'll go caring about anything new, and not just sticking to playing only the classic titles.

On the strange side, I do end up playing my PS4 on occasion for stuff like Uncharted, Last Of Us, Bloodborne, etc. Just feel some of the console exclusives have more value and interst to me than modern pc games.

Haven't played since March.

Even then it was just mapping/play testing. I haven't played for the sake of playing since last year.

If I'm allowed to count modding/mapping, my numbers would significantly increase. Probably more than double, frankly. :P