Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DumbAssDoomer

Lockdefs message

Sorry but I got locked out of my account and I can't change my password for some reason but whatever...to continue I was having issues with my door messages. They only print the remote message for some reason for locked doors unless if I delete the remote message from the lump. I was able to get my language message working though but would still only read the remote message. This is what I have for the key cards in my lump.

Clearlocks

Lock 1
{
MyRedCard
Message "red key card required to access this area"
RemoteMessage "red key card required to activate this terminal"
Mapcolor 255 0 0
}

Lock 2
{
MyBlueCard
Message "$PD_BLUE"
RemoteMessage "$PD_BLUET"
Mapcolor 0 0 255
}

Lock 3
{
MyYellowCard
Message "yellow key card required to access this area"
RemoteMessage "yellow key card required to activate this terminal"
Mapcolor 255 255 0
}
I can't figure out what I did wrong. I went by the example given by zoom wiki. I have been using this format for both Zandronum and GZDoom. There should be no reason why this is a problem. Can anyone help?

What is the exact situation when you try to activate the door, it displays remote message, and you think it should be normal message? How exactly do you activate the door, I mean, which linedef/script action? Maybe the remote message is actually supposed to display in your situation.

Did you try using the exact same linedef action with the exact same arguments in a different wad without your LOCKDEFS in it? If so, and if it displays remote message, it's normal behaviour to display remote message in that situation.

Yup. Just tried that your right. But that's ok I won't include my own lock defs for this wad because I already completed building the levels and I don't want to have to go through all 32 levels to change some line. But that's ok, this was a learning experience, and I can make my own locks now. I'll just have to pay attention when setting arguments for locked doors and scripts. I have an idea on how to solve it but I'll save it for my next wad. Thank you for the help.